Rally Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove up to St. Angelo on Saturday for a couple of hours to see what Rally Ireland was like but left as soon as the rain started coming down hard.

I really take my hat off to the people who stood out in the bad conditions from the early hours on Saturday and Sunday morning to ensure the rally ran as well as possible. The marshals deserve a medal.

·
matt mitchell
2,730 Posts
yep all very well run ;)
the live transmission of a stage at service on the big mircocam screen was some job yesterday at 11.21am.
Dougie must be getting paid commission for every word he speaks:laugh:

·
Formerly madrallysport
278 Posts
Thanks to all the marshalls who were at rally ireland, one guy we spoke too at the start of the first stage had come nearly 200 miles, and had been there at the meeting point from 4 o'clock in the morning, ;););)without these guys we have no sport, so again many many thanks to all of you. :)

·
Simon Michael
440 Posts
Yeah I got soaked and froze

·
Simon Michael
440 Posts
and no sleep on friday nite

·
Registered
734 Posts
As a member of the blackest community in rallying (photogrpahers), I commend everyone for standing out in the rain and getting up at on godly hours, and in most instances been very co-operative and friendly.
I though did meet some marshals who were not so friendly or co-operative, in fiarness they were carrying out their job to the letter of the law, but some common sense must prevail. If Rally Ireland does become a WRC the Professional photographers who make their living from rallying will not stand for what we stand for to keep the peace.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I was out and marshalled on sat and sun and we had a great weekend. Any press or spectators that we encountered were all very well behaved and nobody gave us any hassle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
marshaling

well all u guys had a good time and so did i. i was out for all three days i marshalled on the shakedown, on saturday i done the start and on sunday i had a hairpin buit as i too take off my hat to all these ppl out there that marshaled and also those stage commanders that put in such hard work to make sure stages run to the point of quality i have to state a problem.
i wouldnt state this problem but i think that this should be known as an out rage that as my team and i stood along side the road on sunday i did not expect by the end of that day to be told to stick tape up my hole to f off or to be shouted at with some in ignornat and ubseen lanuage. ok for any of u's who no me i wear a ridiculas coloured hat not just to rallies but all the time its warm and i dont care for others opions, but to have mc Hales team shouting this abuse i was quiet suprised, a name above the rest to have me balled at by some one such as that man and his mate who thought by goin to these rallies they no it all. 8 years of experience of marshalling and through it all i have learnt wer and were not to stand but to have ppl standing on a slip road behind the box junctions not obeying the marshals is a disgrace as it doesnt just set a bad example to every rally out there but also to the wrc . :barf:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How do you know they were from McHale team ?? Their team clothing is available for every tom, dick and harry to buy now...

·
Registered
23 Posts
i no there are mc hales team because they were there wen they lifted the car and everysingle one of them have been seen b4 by a few other of our team at other rallies
im only saying wat happened

·
Tony O'Brien
238 Posts
Marshals Rewards For Rally Ireland!!

I too want to say well done to everyone who braved the elements at the weekend!! Nobody had it too easy at the weekend and i'm sure alot of people like me dreaded the 7:00am wake up call this morning. But there's one thing i'd like to know. Why woz there no reward for the marshals such as a baseball cap, wooly hat or t-shirt given out as was done last october for the first test run? Is there something in the pipelines for each marshal that did turn up or does it mean that the bigger the rally, the smaller the rewards???

·
Simon Michael
440 Posts
good point neva thought about that

·
Registered
15 Posts
I Was out On sat marshalng and i didnt know wat to tink bout the orgarnisers we had no sleep all of fri nite and to b up at bellek at 4.30 in morning

I was Chating to Spectators In a nice manner but sum would not listen and then dcoc came up and said r u going to do sumting or just stand there we dont need tis

it was badly organised i think spectators would not listen to the marshals walking through box junctions and telling us to fuck off and all that if we do get a wrc to ireland we should change sum of the officals

Deputey COC
Spec Control
Total Twats Cop yourself on

·
Registered
121 Posts
its nice to hear about both sides of this wonderful event... the praise and the comdemnation of certain things. it wasnt that long ago that people were complaining about the C.O.I in the same way, not being recognised for their help, no reward-- money, gift etc.

just curious did anyone that marshalled at the event get a lunch or a meal ticket of any kind:dunno::dunno:

i know the event was overmanned BIG time cause i went down on sat night after work to marshal on the sunday and wasn`t need as many junctions where very over subscribed. If you could get half the amount of bodies out to a normal event to marshal it would be fantastic but i suppose it was the WRC name brought them out.... sad but true:caution:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes Marshals did get a meal ticket for lunch. I must agree with some of the comments made to marshals who after all are officials but are treated as juniors by some officials. "We have already lost 20 minutes on first stage and ye should have that done long ago", was a comment from one. This despite the fact that road conditions were very slippy and marking illegible. Practically every junction and chicane had to be "stepped" back for 100 metres.
We were on stage on Friday night at 23.30 and then when we arrived in hotel at 19.00 on Saturday soaked and miserable we were told we were early they were not expecting us until 20.30. However they did give us good food as quick as they could.

·
Registered
734 Posts
R4,
I think spectator facilities were very bad, the UlsterRally is probably the rally with the least amount of spectators in the country, yet they provide a safe means of crossing fences, they also provide portaloos.
Rally Irleand need to address the specator safety into and out of Spectator areas, and maybe that will mean less peolple getting frustrated.
Just my thought as I have seen good spectator areas work very well in other countries.

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah this year i think it was a disgrace to go from last yr to this with no cap or anything. but to answer an earlier question of y so many ppl wer out marsahlling i think i can answer it. how many of u guys out there are enrolled on the scheme to bring marshals to events, b4 rally ireland i was sent a letter in the post telling me of how many marshals were need and who to fone to help, but there was no mention of ballina. they too needed our support but everybody couldnt get two weeks off work in a row.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.