Rally Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making pacenotes for west cork and it is my first time to make notes and i was wondering will any A4 book do or can you get special ones for pacenotes?
Is there any particular ink that works best for pacenotes?

·
Registered
199 Posts
try pacenote.com - all you will ever need
dont use ordinary a4 paper - it skicks together easily
the pacenote books supplied by pacenote.com are coated with talc to make life easier

·
Colin O'Keeffe
700 Posts
why use black ink? Use a pencil so you can rub out mistakes. one with a refil lead feature works best.. ( no topping penicls then )

·
Registered
84 Posts
Originally posted by Ctdprep
Use a pencil so you can rub out mistakes. one with a refil lead feature works best..

Be carefull with the pencil because if you want to photocopy your notes for something like the gravel crew certin pencils wont come out on the photo copyier..There is a new pen/pencil on the market that starts as a pencil and after three hours turns into ink which is very good cause you can both rub or erase mistakes and after three hours its fit to photocopy...

[Edited on 14-2-2006 by Andrew Purcell]

·
Registered
57 Posts
Theres even gravel crews that check the road sections at full tilt. Including a certain five series pilot from mid-ulster.

[Edited on 15-2-2006 by dillylacey]

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Originally posted by Eoiny
I am making pacenotes for west cork and it is my first time to make notes and i was wondering will any A4 book do or can you get special ones for pacenotes?
Is there any particular ink that works best for pacenotes?
Eoiny: A4 Artbook , vertically spiralled - bound,
leave space at top of first page of each stage to write:
Detail exactly were stage notes start.
and brief description of stage/surface/ danger points on stage ..which can be read to drive before start to jog his memory..
also leave plenty of space between lines ( for making ammendments on rally ),
number your pages top and bottom i.e: 1 of 5, 2 of 5, 3of 5, etc etc.
Dont try to put too much onto one page, use large letters, and at bottom of each page put (in a highlighted-box) what is first couple of notes from next page... that way you will know if you have turned to correct page or skipped one !

Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs... but always worked for me !:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts