Rally Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know how many people turn up at a small footie or GAA game, compared to the number that would go to, say Kirkistown for the 1st N.I. round?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Originally posted by andy t
Any one know how many people turn up at a small footie or GAA game, compared to the number that would go to, say Kirkistown for the 1st N.I. round?
Mc Kenna Cup Semi Final This Year. Casement Park Belfast.Tyrone vs Armagh. Approx the same weekend as First Round NI Championship. Reguarded by many as a small pre-season warm up competition. Attendance - 20000.;)

·
Fergus McAnallen
1,485 Posts
All Ireland Final... 80,000 :washmouth: .. but many more go to Dublin, possibly 100,000+ people travelling from the competing counties to the town for the day/weekend.

[Edited on 14-4-2006 by rallyretro]

·
T531 BKV
1,213 Posts
Originally posted by SuperSpecial
Not bad-but I heard there was over a million at Kirkistown
lol
i dont think so - a million people at kirkstown?? yeah overr the past 40 years if u add it up

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Originally posted by andy t
wot about soccer matches then many nights u see them on tv with near empty venues!
Thats cuz the tv cameras are fitted with filters which make the thugs and louts disappear..!. Went to one last year ..they also give you earplugs on the way in so your kids dont have to listen to the incessant profanities and 'dubious' chants for 90 minutes ... !
Will I be going again..... Not a chance !:whistle:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts