Rally Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Patrick S
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently suscribed to the itc texts alerts (53503)
to keep up to date with the irish tarmac championship,
great service...however i just got a text from the them now telling me welcome to rally brc results.
i did not suscribe to this service and the text promted me to unsuscribe at the end of the text if wished.

whats the story did anybody else get this text,
dont know if i was charged 30 cent for it
but if everyone else did 30 cent by alot of people is a bit of a rip off

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
I've just unsubscribed by replying to it and I'll know by Monday when I check my account whether I was charged for it or not.

·
Registered
729 Posts
They must have done that to everybody ,- the same thing just happeneed to me ! I unsuscribed aswell .
They should be reported to the phone company for this , they should have not done that as we only subscribed to the Irish Tarmac championship . www.stagetimes.com are the gang that operate this send them an e- mail !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Barry Meeke here from stagetimes.com.

Apologies guys. It was a simple slips of the finger.

Once I noticed that mistake, I decided against sending another message to inform people of the error, unnecessarily annoying people. As reimbursement, I will send 2 complimentary SMS messages for the Donegal International Rally. Hope this will be to everyones satisfaction.

The system has now been changed, to avoid this happening again. Apologies once again. If anybody has any issues please contact me directly at [email protected]

[Edited on 12-5-06 by www.stagetimes.com]

·
Registered
729 Posts
I just rang Vodafone about this and they told me to ring Regtel who are the regulator for phone and text services their phone no is 1850 741741 I done that and made my complaint ! So more people should do so !
I had the same problem with www.wrc.com - signed up for a six week trial for £3.00 (i think) but when i finished that thay signed me up for £39.99 for the year ! - I Eventually got my money back after a few strongly worded e-mails :springer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts