Rally Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Motorsport.ie
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well lads for some of us its time to drag out the rally car and dust it off for 06. For others its a case of collecting it from prodrive and m-sport or getting that new quaife in for the first round. But if you think you need a good preseason shakedown why not head for Mondello Park.

All new for 2006 is their dedicated Rally Car / Rallycross Car test days.

The first will be saturday February 11th.

Every second run will use the gravel sections of mondello, rallycross 1 and rallycross 2 but not rallycross 3 as that is under reconstruction at the moment.

Every other run (1st, 3rd etc etc) will be complete tarmac. Each run will be 15 mins and the number of runs will depend on entries.

The day will run from 10.00am to 5.00pm with an hour lunch break at 1.00pm

Entry fee for the full day will be €180 and garages will be available by contacting Mondello Park. There will be info on this weeks pacenotes and flat 2 the mat.

For more information please contact Mondello Park direct:
Tel: 045 860200

·
Motorsport.ie
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats the only date they have announced at the moment but i will keep ye posted if more come up.

It really depends on how successful this one is to be honest.. keep an eye to the mondello park website or call them

·
Registered
557 Posts
Brilliant idea, testing only, no official timing of runs is there, will there be scrutiny?

[Edited on 17-1-2006 by x-works]

·
Motorsport.ie
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not sure about scrutiny... dought it i'd say though. As regards timing.. well i am not sure.. we would have to give out transponders etc so not really sure... if the demand is high i am sure something could be done. as i say call mondello for more info in you wish

·
Motorsport.ie
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i can now stop the stop watch... i was timing how long it would take for someone to ask about passengers!!!!!

Call mondello... i am not sure as i was not told. They just said to call them if there was anyone asking.

045 860200

·
PETER BOYD
1,839 Posts
At normal trackdays your allowed bring a passanger as long as they have signed on and paid their money.

[Edited on 17-1-2006 by peespeed]

·
Motorsport.ie
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by peespeed
At normal trackdays your allowed bring a passanger as long as they have signed on and paid their money.

read the post... rally test day... NOT A BOY RACER TRACK DAY racing car test days dont normally carry passengers

[Edited on 17-1-2006 by MkIIChallenge.com]

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
what if you have to bring ure engineer with you to fine tune the car with his laptop ?? i'm curently trying to find a usb adptor for the nova as we speek paul :p

·
PETER BOYD
1,839 Posts
Originally posted by MkIIChallenge.com

read the post... rally test day... NOT A BOY RACER TRACK DAY racing car test days dont normally carry passengers

I was told last year by one of the guys in Mondello that they were thinking of starting trackdays for Rallycars and would run them on the same basis as the Performance Track days, if thats the case then passangers would be allowed provided they are signed on and wear a helmet. The reason they are starting these days is because so many rally cars appear at the Performance Car days.
I've been at a few race car tests in Mondello and there have been passangers out in Unos and Puntos, granted I have never seen a Formula Vee or Formula Ford carry a passanger

[Edited on 18-1-2006 by peespeed]

·
Motorsport.ie
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have an email in from Mondello Park, a passenger can be brought provided they have a 2006 MI navigators licence
You got in ahead of me.. It was thought that lads would not bother bringing anyone..

There will be no timing available as asked before..

Anyone wishing to enter this TEST DAY MUST book with mondello in advance as entries will NOT be taken on the day. The entry fee is €120 for half a day or €180 as mentioned for the full day.

To book please phone mondello park on: 045 860200

·
PETER BOYD
1,839 Posts
might be handy to bring the baby grow just in case

must organise myself with a licence :laugh:

[Edited on 19-1-2006 by peespeed]

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
there was only about ten cars or so there in the morning session too, it would be ideal if ran before a rally such as galway or national rounds etc

1 - 20 of 20 Posts