Rally Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw elswhere on the interweb this rumour (not official as far as I can make out so therefor rumour)

that Dave Lapworth the veteran Prodrive Guru and Subaru expert has had a disagreement with Solberg and a result has resigned from the team???

Could there be any truth in this????????:roll:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
well its not true from what i can gather! YES they had an argument but no signs of a walk out! david is respected too much i reckon to walk out because of petter! :eek::eek:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Petter would not be that big off a lose. Mc rae was a lose1!!! peter bigest problem is his owen mouth he is full off shit:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah Rube

It would be a big loss to rallying. Lapworth is a dedicated and talented engineer.

When Mc Rae left it did wonders for Prodrive, all of a sudden they could afford new shoes for the mechanics and were able to take them to Mc Donalds on Friday as a treat, they also bought a small continent and took on 1000 more people to landscape it, all this was done with the money they saved on wages when he was gone.

I dont think Solberg is full of shit, but he has gone down hill badly in the last 2 years- Loebs consisteny and get on with the job atitude is making Solberg look like a twat- Im wondering now is he a twat:

There again this row could have been over what flavuor smothie they gave him in service, or other such trivial matter

[Edited on 12-2-2006 by Tropsrotom]

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Laptop is an arrogant brit who is full of s hit-you cannot believe a word that comes from the mans lips-just my opionion like:roll:

[Edited on 12-2-2006 by rubywax]

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Lapworth is the man, drivers come and go, dedicated engineers like David don't. Just look at Prodrive in Banbury try and get a walk around the place and see what the man helped build.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Profiles/Team Member
"David Lapworth

History

The success of all Prodrive built rally cars is very much down to David's vast engineering knowledge and expertise. He has worked in Motorsport for over twenty years and was instrumental in the development of the rally versions of the Subaru Legacy and Impreza. David assumed responsibility for overseeing all the engineering and technological issues of the Subaru World Rally Team as its Technical Director during the 2000 season."

I think Petter would be the one to go in the case of irreconcilable differences.Lapworth has been at Subaru for years and is one of the top dogs there now.There's no way SWRT would lose him in preference to Solberg.
Where did this talk of a row come from anyway???

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it started on a Norwegian forum it seems?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
It was reported on a Norwegian website, not a forum. There is nothing in the article that suggests a disagreement/arguement, no idea where that bit came from.

[Edited on 13-2-2006 by CiaraC]

·
Recce Ranger
2,415 Posts
David Lapworth gone!

Subaru World Rally Team performance director David Lapworth has left the rally team but will still work for Prodrive.

·
Recce Ranger
2,415 Posts
check autosport & rallye1.de

Ruby,

That story on crash was on Monday. Autosport today at 17.25 gmt said otherwise. My money is on the latter. Sad story though.

Gabriel

1 - 20 of 24 Posts