RallyForums.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does their announcement that they will be entering in Manufacturer 1 for 2006 mean? I sounds like the Citroen WRC Team will be back ineverything but name (and minus the participation of M. Frequelin.) If that's the case then there could be at least 3 credible teams next year. (I hope.)

·
Gary Knight
1,087 Posts
I thought Frequelin was having an input into the team. I'm sure i've seen that recently on the wrc site. Solberg said it was just the Citroen wrc team in disguise.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Yeah I think Frequlin is with the team for 06, I think the way Petter described it was anyone thinking its not a works team is bull-sh1t.

right on Petter you Norwegian swear box you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess that's good news then. I'm no fan of Citroen, or of Loeb for that matter, but the WRC needs more top level competition besides Grönholm and Solberg. Too many good drivers sidelined by the lack of Manufacturer 1 teams and the FIA's silly-assed rule barring successful drivers from Manufacturer 2.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Hardly surprising and not unusual. The Ford team have competed at WRC level as privateers on several occasions. Citroen will proberbly use the season to test new bits for the C4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts