Rally Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was talking to a friend in the Harper Rally Prep Team today and he has told me that the 2 cars they are running in Rally Ireland are to pull out over a last minute change of rules (KPL and Noel Mccarrick). Tom Nolan of Motorsport Ireland has decided last week that the only legal fuel to be used on this event is shell fuel.The drivers concerned dont mind following the rules but the problem is that all of Stan Harpers cars run an FIA approved and fully legal fuel called Carless Turbo and there just isint enough time to remap the cars to Shell Fuel as this rule was only announced on the 29th of September. If they were to use Shell on the rally the engines just wouldnt last the rally and trust me when i say this, an engine rebuild for a world rally car is far from cheap. The HRP team are working on getting an enginer to remap the car but i have being told it aint looking good at the moment. Surely this is a massive blow to the rally to loose 2 wr cars at such a late stage when in my opinion the entry was struggleing to attract the big names in Ireland already.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Only Shell racing fuels ???? possibly one for the monopolies commission then !! ..... perhaps Shell or the M.I. should provide the engineers to remap the affected cars free of charge ............

·
Stephen Doherty
983 Posts
i wouldnt be surprised if lynch caught and passed loix on the first stage,is it 30sec intervels?? and its a long stage, and loix is in a s1600!

·
Stephen Doherty
983 Posts
Originally posted by SRC-MOTORSPORT
""john locke man of faith""" and only faith can tell who will start!!!!:idea::idea::idea::idea:
everyone be careful in the forests on sunday:laugh:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Originally posted by rallyfan
i wouldnt be surprised if lynch caught and passed loix on the first stage,is it 30sec intervels?? and its a long stage, and loix is in a s1600!
All stages are 1 min intervals

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Originally posted by rallyfan
You on tablets or what ?

·
Stephen Doherty
983 Posts
not yet anyway,
well if it was 30 secs intervals then i wouldnt rule it out,but its 1min,lucky for lynch!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts