who all is on the way to killarney this year?????????????? :whip::yahoo::whip:

:moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo:

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Heading down Friday morning and back up to Dublin on Monday morning.

Ciara,

You said you weren't going to Rally Ireland yet you turned up in service. You sure you're not going to have a last minute change of heart??? :gotcha::gotcha:

[Edited on 27-4-2006 by dcr22B]

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Originally posted by dcr22B
Ciara,

You said you weren't going to Rally Ireland yet you turned up in service. You sure you're not going to have a last minute change of heart??? :gotcha::gotcha:

[Edited on 27-4-2006 by dcr22B]
I also said I was not going to the Circuit yet I turned up in service on the Saturday ;) This is a slightly different case, it's a LOT further LOL

Deffo not gong to Killarney Lots of reasons to go but choosing to stay at home.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Originally posted by anihel
And I have a wedding to go to for the second time in 4 years (missed the 2003 event as well)....so I won't be there:banned::banned:
Will have you more motivated for Donegal then :wine::wine::yahoo:

·
Formerly neillpics
1,848 Posts
Originally posted by shanepren
unfortunately i wont be down either, feckin college projects and stuff, so so ragin over it! ah well wat can ye do!!
dont let exams get in the way i have exams on tuesday but will be at the print factory on monday:yahoo::yahoo:

·
Formerly gee
3,066 Posts
Courtesy of - http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/general/story.jsp?story=688698

Rallying: Donnelly sees red over rally's rulebreakers

By Sammy Hamill

27 April 2006
Eugene Donnelly should be a happy man - but he isn't.

Unbeaten this year and again leader of the Pirelli Tarmac championship he won so convincingly last year, Donnelly might be expected to be in buoyant mood as he heads south for Killarney and this weekend's two-day Rally of the Lakes, one of his favourite events.

But he's feeling angry.

"We're being allowed just two days to make our pacenotes for a rally that has nine different stages," he complains. "That's just fuelling the problem of illegal recceing (reconnaissance).

"We've been burying our heads in the sand as far as this problem is concerned - it is going on all the time and very little is being done about it.

"And the organisers in Killarney are just making it worse by restricting us to just two days. I've spoken to a member of Motorsport Ireland's Rallies Commission and been told that this rally was eligible for a three-day recce but they didn't apply for it.

"There are drivers who won't accept just two days for a rally that his nine different stages - big stages, too - and they will cheat. I know it has already happened.

"It makes me so angry because, not only does it put those of us who stick to the rules at a disadvantage, but it could so easily have been avoided.

"I fully understand the PR difficulties the organisers face with so much traffic going over these rural roads that they want to restrict it to as few days as possible. But isn't it better that it is done in a controlled fashion than having people out on these roads at all hours of the day and night?

"They tell me they are monitoring the stages carefully for illegal recceing - let's see if anyone of significance is thrown out. I don't think so."

Donnelly's uncharacteristic outburst comes at a time when he is the dominant force in Irish rallying, winner this season of the Galway International, Rally Ireland and, just 11 days ago, the Circuit of Ireland for the first time.

The Rally of the Lakes, however, is a major hurdle for him. He won it in 2003 and was second last year but it is a rally, featuring some of Ireland's great classic tests like Moll's Gap and Caragh Lake, which is expected to suit the S11 Subarus of Derek McGarrity, the 2004 winner, and Tim McNulty who won the final Tarmac round of last season in neighbouring Cork.

It is also pretty much home territory for Eamonn Boland, another past Cork winner and currently second in the championship race after quietly shadowing Donnelly on every event this season ? second, second, second is his record so far. Happier by the event with his switch from Subaru to Ford, Killarney just might be the venue for him to Focus on his first win over two years.

Austin MacHale has opted out to follow son Gareth to South America where he competes in the World championship Rally of Argentina, leaving other son Aaron to take over his Ford Focus instead of the Toyota Corolla he was originally entered in.

And another driver switching from Toyota is Nigel Hicklin who will drive the ex-Kevin Lynch P2000 Subaru instead of the Donnelly team's second ex-Team Toyota Europe Corolla which he admits he can't get to grips with.

Just as well, perhaps, because it suffered a damaged engine on last weekend's Monaghan Rally, costing Charlie Donnelly a likely second win of this season's Irish national series.

"Some people thought it was my Circuit-winning car that Charlie was driving in Monaghan but it is sitting in the McGeehan Motorsport workshops being finished off for Killarney," says brother Eugene.

Top of the Lakes Rally entry list: 1 Eugene Donnelly and Paul Kiely (Toyota Corolla); 2 Derek McGarrity and Dermot O'Gorman (Subaru Impreza); 3 Eamonn Boland and Francis Regan (Ford Focus); 4 Tim McNulty and Anthony Nestor (Subaru Impreza); 6 Donie O'Sullivan and Sean Mullally (Subaru Impreza); 7 Peadar Hurson and Damien Connolly (Subaru Impreza); 8 Denis Cronin and Helen O'Sullivan (Subaru Impreza); 9 Nigel Hicklin and Diarmuid Falvey (Subaru Impreza); 10 Melvyn Evans and TBA (Subaru Impreza); 11 John Joe Fleming and Robbie Ward (Ford Focus); 12 Aaron MacHale and Craig Parry (Ford Focus ); 14 Gareth Jones and David Moynihan (Subaru Impreza); 15 George Cullen and Jakes Kelly (Subaru Impreza); 16 Stephen Murphy and **** Morrissey (Subaru Impreza); 17 Denis Biggerstaff and Sean Moriarty (Subaru Impreza ); 18 George Tracey and Finbar Mangan (Peugeot 205); 19 Paddy White and Graeme Stewart (Subaru Impreza); 20 Eddie Garry and Denis O'Donovan (Subaru Impreza).

·
Registered
462 Posts
Its good to see one of the top drivers bring up a very hot subject. But he has a very valid point. Squeezing 3 days recce into 2 days isnt a great idea given the commitment that these drivers are giving to their notes. Its about time all the top drivers started to think about the future of rallying.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts