RallyForums.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Colin O'Keeffe
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a query about the Junior category in rallying

Whats the difference between junior and the normal entry ?

Whats roughly the entry fee for the events?

What events allow the junior class?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
in the juniors you dont do the full rally and the entry fee is cheaper
entry fees varie from around 200 upwards
a lot of rallies allow a junior section such as most national and international rallies

·
Colin O'Keeffe
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so how much does a junior actuall do of a rally? if its a one day a limited number of stages?
to do the junior section of a international rally you would need a international license yes?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by Ctdprep
so how much does a junior actuall do of a rally? if its a one day a limited number of stages?
to do the junior section of a international rally you would need a international license yes?
No you don’t need a international license to do a international rally.
It depends on the type of Junior rally you enter for the amount of stages you get. National tar differs from international rallies. National tar rallies have approximately half the mileage for approx half the price. The International rallies which have run juniors all differed in formal. Forestry rallies I think gives best value because you complete exact same mileage as main rally for 110 euro less. An interesting article was written in Michael O Carrolls motorsport annual this year which compares all Juniors rallies run (national/ international tar and forestry) to date and also interview the two junior champions for their views also, worth a read if your getting into the Junior rally circle.

·
Darren McCarthy
471 Posts
West Cork this year has put in a junior section. They will compete on the last 4 stages. 44 stage miles for only 190 euro and they are 2 classic stages Ardfield and Sams Cross done twice. Good value or what!!!! Limited to 20 entries only problem.

·
Colin O'Keeffe
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok.. so for breaking into rallying it would be good for me? I was planning on doing about 7 hill/sprints this year and they cost the same nearly..

·
Registered
70 Posts
For breaking into rallying, stay away from the single stages.... No recce on unseen roads is a disaster for a novice. Try a mini-stages event like GSMC or Kerry where you have a fairly cheap day and a recce which is good experience. Juniors is a good way forward too but it may be difficult to get entries. I've done a few junior events like Galway this year, 9 stages for 290 quid was good. West cork is good value too but the waiting around is a killer. But dont be deceived by the junior category though, we're only young lads limited to 1600cc but the speed is frightning. We were taking 10s per stage off the lad that won our equivalent class in the national event in galway, and we were still well off the top junior pace. It is quick.

To qualify for juniors.
Under 27
Car up to 1600cc or 1640cc, whatever the class is.
No super 1600's or kit cars
NatB licence
For the national rounds its usually arount €250 for the 4 stages, you join the main rally at the back of the field on ss5.

Hope this helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts