Rally Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking recently about how a few years ago DVDs were just becoming more popular and everyone still had collections of more VHS tapes than DVDs. How different things are now.

If buying rally footage who still likes to have it on VHS tape?

With advanced editing software and equipment I dont see the point in cutting down on quality so much as to still make VHS tapes. By still producing VHS tapes you are just ruining the purpose of capturing high quality video.

I propose to continue releasing DVDs only as you have to move with the technology and VHS quality isn't half as good as DVD.

QUESTION: WHICH MEDIA WOULD YOU PREFER FOR VIDEO FOOTAGE ??

Any input into this poll would be appreciated!

Cheers Jonny

·
Registered
48 Posts
Digital is the only format to operate on nowadays, so keep it dvd Jonny, we have an in-car system which records on mini-dv, and we also have a dvcpro camera and non-linear editing suite (same spec as used by UTV). The difference in quality loss between dvd and vhs is surprising. Dn't know what format you use Jonny but you want to hang on to as much quality as possible, and when you tramsfer from digital to analogue you probably lose 25%

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exactly Im expecting everyone to say DVD but thought Id run a poll to confirm my expectations!

Cheers

·
Registered
866 Posts
dvd :laugh::p:idea::eek::caution::kiss::):(:D:yes:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Deffinatley dvds. I havent used my videos for over a year now. Recently bought a dvd rec/vhs combi though to convert years of rpms, which will take a bit. Watched a few the other night and it makes you wonder why anyone is still using vhs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts