Rally Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mikko Hirvonen signs a three year deal with Ford. He will be their number 2 driver alongside Marcus.

·
Gary Knight
1,087 Posts
It's nice to see him get the chance. He wasn't ready when he went to Subaru the last time but he has been impressive this year. Guess a lot of it is down to the money he will bring with which Martin said he wasn't prepared to do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man thats harsh!

Gardimiester deserved to keep his seet IMO. He has done bloody well this year and deserves better than that.
Sure Miko had a decent year, but I dont think he deserves the seat at Ford.
I suppose sponsorship money is the deciding factor here.

Perhaps McRae will be joined by Gardimiester at Skoda then?

[Edited on 03-12-1982 by grug]

·
Formerly dermot
571 Posts
gardimiester never should have been a no 1 driver ok he scored a lot of points but hadnt the pace to win a rally . at least malcolm wilson learned from his mistake and is going to pay to get a proper driver marcus will be hard to beat with the active diff gone and back on the best tyres michelin ye ya bring it on cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by dermot
at least malcolm wilson learned from his mistake and is going to pay to get a proper driver marcus will be hard to beat with the active diff gone and back on the best tyres michelin ye ya bring it on cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm made no mistake. The whole idea was to develop the new car this year instead of paying massive wages for a top driver.

Now the car is very much developed and obviously very competitive, he can afford to use the budget to pay a driver like Marcus.

·
Colin O'Keeffe
700 Posts
I would of kept Gardimeister.. I know Mikko had sponsorship and did very well, but so did Toni , some solid results during the year, points results most of the time!

·
matt mitchell
2,730 Posts
the determination that Mikko Hirvonen showd this year was unreal for a 22 year old!! i would say thats why he got the seat!! gardimiester looked daunted at nearly every event

1 - 9 of 9 Posts