Rally Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering?

If there is, and just to get a discussion on something/anything going,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Donegal just announced as "postponed", West Cork ditto since 2 days before event. 2 biggest events of the year - will they/can they/should they be run later in year?

I understand that many in CorkMC feel that West Cork happens on Paddys w/end or not at all, but does the sport need these two events (and the Lakes?) to run? In the interests of the greater good, should other events be moved (or even dropped?) to make way for them? Would Hotels/competitors be available on new dates?

Just asking.............

·
Premium Member
7,371 Posts
Anybody got a 2nd hand defibrillator?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Nothing so far from MSI on following the 'no co-driver' position of the UK, wouldn't work here anyway, not enough venues for rallysprints.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just looking at my oiriginal post

How things have developed!!

- apart from Wexford (which many are saying should cancel) and the historic lakes (still 4/5 months away, all rallies to year end cancelled - who would have thought???

Will we be back even next year??

BTW - (very slightly encouraged by the 400+ visits, but still not good re Forum),

Just wondering?

If there is, and just to get a discussion on something/anything going,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Donegal just announced as "postponed", West Cork ditto since 2 days before event. 2 biggest events of the year - will they/can they/should they be run later in year?

I understand that many in CorkMC feel that West Cork happens on Paddys w/end or not at all, but does the sport need these two events (and the Lakes?) to run? In the interests of the greater good, should other events be moved (or even dropped?) to make way for them? Would Hotels/competitors be available on new dates?

Just asking.............

·
Chris Andrews
731 Posts
I only popped in to say hello because the site got a mention on one of the podcasts this week. Anyway, I see Raven's Rock is running. That's something

·
Registered
531 Posts
bye bye to rallying for the rest of 2020 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bye bye to rallying for the rest of 2020 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No magic wand on Jan 1 either!!

West Cork was the first Covid casualty of 2020 - they will be very lucky to run in 2021 (IMHO),

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sad to see local events being cancelled, but understandable in the circumstances I guess. Shame motorsport Ireland didnt grasp the opportunity to run some sort of single venue event for television.....for a large chunk of this year broadcasters were crying out from any sort of sport to put on - a single venue rally sprint behind closed doors could have potentially worked

At least theres some WRC & ERC activity still happening to watch!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts