RallyForums.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Fergus McAnallen
1,485 Posts
Like: The smell of Elf Gas :D, The thrill of a Mk2/Manta/WRC at full bore going past you while a large cheer goes up and theres a great atmosphere on-stage. The social side of rallying at the HQ, prizegiving and around the town during rally weekend.

Dislike: búllshít politics, vicious rumours and ignorant people who snub you when in rally circles. :mad:

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
What I Like: The drive down the country at 0600am to get to the first stage, the buzz in parc ferme before the off, getting the programme and planning my day to get to see as much of the action as possible, oogling the cars and day dreaming about what it would be like to belt down the road at 1,000,000 miles an hour, looking at the talent, laughing at the heaps some of the boy racers drive, wondering in amazment at some of the amazing cars the boy racers drive, smiling smugly to myself when I see yet another blue Subaru with gold wheels parked up, knowing if I had the price of such a car it would be an Audi S3 or some other more imaginative car I would be driving about in, ignoring the marshals when they tell me I can't stand on that wall, the drive home after a good days rallying.

What I hate: The way some marshals think they have a lawful authority over you, can boss you about and tell you what you must do and that you must comply, then stand in exactly the places they said you or other spectators were told that they could not stand in. I hate that.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Like actually Love: the atmosphere that surrounds the events, the commitment from the top drivers and the fact you never come away feeling disappointed.

Dislikes: Blow-in Rally fans (See Donegal International for example) esp. when they think they know it all, overly jobsworthy marshalls (as stated above), lack of night-time stages.

But the likes massively outway the dislikes

[Edited on 17-1-2006 by Wicked T]

·
Formerly spin doc
463 Posts
Likes-Talking to people who know a thing or two about the sport during an event hearing whos gone off/winning/mech problems etc and still have a the craic.Its these people that make the sport what it is.I love the whole connection you can have with other competitors or spectators just for that short period of time your there.

Dislikes-Idiot marshals, the KNOW IT ALLS, they can completly ruin a stage or even put you in a bad mood for the rest of the day with their, "Cant stand there thats too good a spot only us Marshals can be on that spot"

·
Registered
557 Posts
likes- the fact that free spectating at some of the worlds most talented clubmen up and down the lanes of this country has remained one of Irelands best kept secrets from the majority of the Irish population. Were it to become hugely popular over night the health and saefty crowd would surely dictate a serious change in spectating practice's. Long may it last.

hates- the current push by motorsport ireland away from moddified cars to more group N/A style machines. Rear wheel drive makes up a large percentage of entertainment at any rally, with mk 2 shells becoming hard to find and suitable rear wheel drive current production cars being even harder to find, the choice of cars for future clubmen who want to go sideways is narrowing :dunno:

·
Formerly gee
3,066 Posts
like - the craic / being able to get close to the action / taking pictures at the events / atmostphere on the ITC rounds

dislike - well the old saying "never bring a d ickhead to a rall as you'l find one there" always some tubes about ruining it for everyone / people double lane parking on a side road into a stage blocking all the cars in

·
Formerly anihel
1,883 Posts
Likes: Always a good buzz at parc ferme before the start, being on the first stage and the anticipation of the first car, taking photos of the entire field on the first stage, the social side after the event:laugh:, the 30 second gap between cars on the stages compared to 1 minute in the Circuit and Ulster, the variety of cars used in Irish Rallying, the classic stages

Dislikes: Boy Racers who mess things up for everyone, occasional bad organisation, bad spectatator parking, ignorant and snobby competitors, bullying marshals, competitors who deliberately get stages cancelled...

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Dislike- People calling modern MK11's with Vauxhall engines and Seq boxes Group 4 Spec, boy racers, souped up cars and certain types of rally follower. And the Rallies Committee in Dawson street.

Like- Quality of cars on Irish roads from WRC's to Historics.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Like-The quality of cars and drivers we have

Dislike-the constant stream of official cars before a rally-surely they r not all necessary.

Ford Ka rallycars.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Like: The buzz in the days before a rally, the craic during it and the slagging!

Dislike: Reccing, then breaking down on the first stage, clowns running events that a tin of beans would have more brains than, entry fees!

·
Andy Heekin
743 Posts
LIKES: MkII on the door handles, good craic, one big happy family, wet roads, being able to drive on public roads falat out.;););)
Dislikes: politics, entry fees, scruintny, larger lout fans,:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
189 Posts
likes.. the noise of a fit mk2 (group 4 or modified)or a m3 screaming past so hard that it would make the hairs on the back of your neck stand, the smell of castrol "R", the craic and always meeting someone you know. dislikes... new blow in rally fans with their off licence carryout and their celtic/rangers football tops getting on everyones nerve by swearing in front of kids. the convoy of officals on the circuit nearly out numbering the number of competitors...

·
matt mitchell
2,730 Posts
Dislike: Nazi party fuelling rigs / the way newcomers to rallying get treated like green-horns. that there's only three cars in rallying that ur are aloud to drive ( mk2's evo's or sub's)

like: the banter,
the variety of people u meet at the hedge rows,
When its really comes to the crunch the way people can pull together;)
o ah and the pirelli girls:laugh:

·
PETER BOYD
1,839 Posts
LIKES: The craic and banter thats had on the ditches with complete strangers, the variety of cars on the stages, seeing visitors from other countries come over and enjoying our rallying, free spectating, the budget rallydriver beating the guy with the chequebook rally team, Patterson RallyNews bulletins

DISLIKES: boy racers/ lager louts, power tripping marshals, 15 "official" cars going through a stage before the first 00, Juniors catching 00's, spectators in escape roads, double and treble parking on the access road to a stage

·
Registered
843 Posts
LIKES : being able to Compete on some of the best tarmac stages in the world..... The build up to the event, getting the car ready and being able to block off some back road for a quick test session..... The craic at events, especially Donegal.And getting to see parts of the country we wouldnt get to see if we werent following the sport we love.
DISLIKES: Boy racers"coyboys" acting the prick. Cos they will ruin the sport.... Illegal Recceing.... Not enough smaller rallies to cater for the clubmen (2 wheel drive only).... Scrutineers who let the power go to they're heads..... Entry fees

1 - 20 of 25 Posts