Rally Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used one of these solid state in-car carmera set ups yet ?

Here

If not I would be interested in what in car in car camera / camcorder peolple use and where they bought it.

I use a sony mini DV camcorder on one of those Demon Tweeks mounts at the moment . The picture quality is great but I can't hear the navi on it.

I know you can hire cameras but and that there very profesional but I don't think my in car is going to make it onto RPM any time soon.(Not for lack of trying to kill the car!!)
So I think the €300 or so an event hire is a waste of money for someone like myself.

Any thoughts ?

·
Eugene McGrath
879 Posts
added up what we spent on hire cams last year. twas a scary figue.
this year we running camcorder as the recording box with a bullet/lipstick camera mounted to cage and lead from pelter box directly into camcorder.
quality is 100% picture and sound.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
oh so professional now with that,:yahoo::yahoo: where were you last night ted ya werent at the launch

·
Eugene McGrath
879 Posts
and there was me thinkin you were going to add some thing of importance.... 1st time for everything i suppose...

why i not at launch ????
heard you where going (enough said) ;)

other job is just as good as as hire cams .your using the same bullet cam as they use

as you once said ... dont knock it till you've tried it ted

·
Ray Fitzpatrick
1,705 Posts
Originally posted by Dougal
added up what we spent on hire cams last year. twas a scary figue.
this year we running camcorder as the recording box with a bullet/lipstick camera mounted to cage and lead from pelter box directly into camcorder.
quality is 100% picture and sound.
in car cam hire are good quality but does get expensive, there are a few other systems out there, are they as good /easy to fit & maintain

1 - 11 of 11 Posts