Rally Forums banner

Im confused?

4K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  v800 
your half right, something was mounted incorrectly, the dump valve(this is where you were right), it was the wrong way around. this is never done in error, it is a big performance gain (this is where you were incorrect), think about it. with it plumbed the right way the valve opens and lets boost pressure out. with it the wrong way around (illegal) it never opens and the boost stays on longer and theres more of it. evos have been doing this for years until it was seen by the scruitineers and now seems to very rare. i doubt any of the evo drivers in the country have this done, it might even be the case where the newer evos dont need them turned around anymore, but i'm no evo expert.

N12 forever

Originally posted by dcr22B
Back in 2002, three drivers (Trevor Cathers, Bob Fowden and Dickie Curran) were disqualified from the Cork '20' and Roy White was also disqualified from the West 2002. All four drivers were excluded for dump valve irregularities.
i think the point you are making is that carlsson should have been exculded too? like those lads rightfully were? or are you being more subtle than i am able for ?

N12 forever

edit: spelling mistake

[Edited on 21-10-2005 by N12]

more embarassing than blatant breaking of the rules while trying to get a WRC round to the country, I can hardly see when having them follow the letter of the law would be an embarassment?

N12 forever

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.