702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was there a big entry for mayo?
how were the places allocated?who gets preference

·
Fergus McAnallen
1,485 Posts
I don't know for sure but I suppose the following would play some part

- Based on previous results in the rally from the previous year (if they done it) they are seeded accordingly but obvoiusly given precendence for an entry too.
- Drivers who are local to the area the rally is in and/or club members of the motor club in charge of organsing the event
- People registered for the championship or championships that the rally are qualifying rounds for
- Overseas or big entries from drivers not normally known for competing in the rally?
- Since a few years ago, a certain number of places must be set aside on all National B events for drivers starting up?

[Edited on 20-2-2006 by rallyretro]

·
Formerly yotommo
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you helped previous years on an event marshalling etc?
would that help

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
marshalling means nothing to them the way the pick the entries is wrc's grpN's lads doing the championship spread out over all the classes then its people who sponser the program provide assistance to the club and then its the poeple that get a run because the know someone after that the last 10-20 places are up for grabs.
i saw the way a entry list was complied a few times and it opened my eyes :eek: least to say i never rused to the post with returning regs anymore. :mad:

when is the last time a wrc was on a reserve list a few clubs do it to some lads that post in there entries 4 weeks after everyone else to piss them off but the allways seem to get a run :dunno:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
yes why is that?

to be fair to the man does he not deserve to get into the first round of the championship?

Im sure he will be a good bet to do the entire series and provide us all with a good spectacle and add to the competition up front.

Its a major kick on the arse to him not to get into round 1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts