Rally Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone might remember details concerning the history of this 3dr Sierra Cosworth, reg D999HWU
Having already asked this question on Twitter, with little success, I'm sticking it up here now too.

I recall Derek McGarrity as the first to compete on these shores with it, almost sure it was Sligo, early 90's. At the time I heard it was a proper Group A, ex-Carlos Sainz machine, but Google is coming up with nothing on that reg. This photo of P.J. Woods driving just happens to be from Sligo also, how appropriate....

Maybe someone here might remember something from all those years ago, seeing as I can barely remember what I did last week!!....
Anyone happen to know where it might be now, or even if it's still running?

Thanks in advance.

Gerard

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm hoping someone might remember details concerning the history of this 3dr Sierra Cosworth, reg D999HWU
Having already asked this question on Twitter, with little success, I'm sticking it up here now too.

I recall Derek McGarrity as the first to compete on these shores with it, almost sure it was Sligo, early 90's. At the time I heard it was a proper Group A, ex-Carlos Sainz machine, but Google is coming up with nothing on that reg. This photo of P.J. Woods driving just happens to be from Sligo also, how appropriate....

Maybe someone here might remember something from all those years ago, seeing as I can barely remember what I did last week!!....
Anyone happen to know where it might be now, or even if it's still running?

Thanks in advance.

Gerard

Hello. My dad originally built the car in 1988

1 - 8 of 8 Posts