Rally Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what's the competitors view, was the event just long enough in its old format or is this years extra milage and extra stage making it too long?. This years event has 15 stages and approx 20 stage miles.

·
Registered
54 Posts
To late now to get notes made and printed for this event but you shouldn't need notes as the stages are repeated 3 times just watch out for the wee rutts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As of today Sat 28th we have only 30 entrys for the event, they were suposed to close today but we have extended the deadline to monday lunchtime. With this number the event just wont happen, this is why I have been asking competitors what they thing of the event format. I even went to the trouble of phoning all last years competitors that i had phone numbers. The general responce was as follows

1.Car not ready, damaged or even stolen
2.Out of the country or Too ill to compete
3.Some said they were not concerned about the length and would still compete long or short version.
4.Some said they would like it longer but extra loop of stages through tardree would cut up and this was not the way to do it, and would not be entering this year because of this reason. I tried to explain that two run through a NI Championship round would be 80 cars run twice (160 cars) per stage, where three runs through tardree at 50 cars per stage(46 starters last year) would still only be 150 cars!

Would like to hear of any other sugestions or possible new stages in the tardree location as we at MAMC are constantly trying to improve current and future events:D.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts