Rally Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
George Treacy\'s Committment To Rallying...

I read in the excellent rallynews.net website report of Rally Ireland, that George Treacy ran his WRC off the road on stage 2. Although he got a little tangled up in wire, the car was undamaged. George, though, had had enough and instead went off to Dublin to watch the rugby match (presumably in a chopper). Now, you could be forgiven for asking this wealthy man with the 206WRC, 307Rally-X, helcopter and tickets for the match, "Where did it all go wrong, George?". Instead, I must wonder if he doesnt' like rallying that much and perhaps he shouldn't bother showing up anymore. I mean, it's not like the fans expect to see the 206 driven at competitive speeds, but why bother, George?

[Edited on 12-3-2006 by Bob2]

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
ah leave the homie alone he had a bad recce.:dunno:

But thats bitchy saying he doesnt drive at competitive pace.

Again an effing player hater! So what if he can take his helicopter to Dublin to watch a game, I doubt he crashed on purpose! Its a nice car driven by a fella thats good craic real and true, Maybe he will be back super rally today?

Why would he not like rallying?????????
Grrrrrrrrrr:mad:

If you dont like him just cover your eyes when he passes!!

03WRXHomeSlice come you on here and back me up- isnt George Tracey a competitive homie

·
Formerly 03dublinwrx
2,080 Posts
Is this even worth replying to? Me thinks some braindead dude trying to get an argument going. I don't think anyone can question George's commitment to all forms of Motorsport. examples of this. George brought Loix in to double drive his 206 in Punchestown, Flew McRae in to Mondello last week to promote new junior class in Rallycross,
Case closed.. nothing else to see here folks, move on!

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Sorry Trop and 03WRX, but I have to agree with some of what Bob is saying, certainly there is no doubt George is commited to rallycross and he does excellent work in promoting it. But to his own rallying no,
yesterday was a good example, he had the opportunity to re-join and I would say nearly 100% of rally drivers would have cleared the blockage and got on with it with a little frustration and taken the fight back. The fact that he did'nt do this certainly dissappointed me
But I certainly would not question his speed as I think if he could spend more time in the rally car he would come on leaps and bounds as he has had very little time in the WRC.
But the fact he turned up in the first place to Rally Ireland helps his cause as so many of our WRC drivers did not make the effort for what ever reason, but I guarrantee if we get a round of the WRC they will be looking to enter and hopfully the organisers have the balls to say no, entries go to those that supported the rally.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
He enters rally Ireland, crashes out, decides that he would have more craic with his mates in Dublin at the match. So what ?? He does not owe anyone anything. He is an incredibly rich man who spends his money in the manner he sees fit.

Sorry but that is his business and no-one elses.

[Edited on 12-3-2006 by CiaraC]

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
I agree Ciara it is his business. Just disappointing that is all. Personally I think George could become a force to reckoned with in the 206 given a run of rallies in it. It certainly did'nt take him long to get to the top of the tree in rallycross when he applied himself to it.
Been a major rugby fan that I am, I would have went to the match first.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Originally posted by Black Mariah
Navi must be fairly pissed .... T'was brennan??
Ask the stewards of the meeting I hear they were nice to him in the end so he shouldnt have been pissed.

Who cares if George is rallying on a loan from his local credit union or if he is the richest man this side of Durkadurkistan his car his choice when he finishes the rally and if he wants to go watch rugby- personally I dont like a game played in a violent manner where grown men fondle each other in hunched groups and then pretend it was a totally different ball they were fumbling for, but I wouldnt slag anyone for going to it while their Rally Car was upside down in a sioc.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I could have chosen my words better because I certainly meant no disrespect to George. I, too, appreciate the sparkle he's added to the Irish tarmac line-up.

The point I was trying to make was that if George had the budget for Rally Ireland but wasn't 100% committed, why didn't he put someone 'hungrier' into the car. There are countless drivers in Ireland and around Europe who'd have loved the chance. I am sure that this query will bring the obvious question "Why should he?...". And I ask "Why not?.."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts