Rally Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its on rallynews that Eugene is using the corolla again this year and is looking at subaru for the future!

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
I think he may be out gunned this year, DMG could not possibly have the same level of bad luck as he had last year and with Andrew in at least an S9, Tim in the S10 all more then capable of beating Eugene he may struggle with the Corolla, one thing for sure he will go well in Galway as forestry experience will come to the fore. My outside bet is Kevin Lynch, if he can find reliability this year he could well win it.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Andrew is doing the whole champ so its between him and eugene, dmg will be crap again, he might pick up a streaky win here or there if hes lucky, boland will beat him in champ, tim will be 3rd in champ and mchale 4th.

eugene may not find it as easy but he will push, if he crashes i dont want to see it :eek::):D;):laugh::caution::roll::kiss::yes: lynch will win 1 round and retire late on whilst leading another

·
matt mitchell
2,730 Posts
i told yous he was using the corrolla last october :eek:

the ITC is about relayability and that's what the corolla has ;)

the impreza has too much screwed out if it and would need to be run as a works car to win the itc ;)

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
He will do well, I cannot see him outside the top three, but I think the Corolla will struggle this year. If DMG gets a run of luck and Andrew stops throwing his car into ditches. I see the two boys fighting for the lead with Eugene around third and then the odd pary spoiler like Kevin in Galway and Donegal, Tim on the JCM and IOM(if he goes) and of course Cork. And Eamon when he gets his 05 Focus and of course Austin and Gareth. It could well be a bumper year.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Genie always intended using the corolla,he just fancied a few free spins in the focus and subaru so played along saying he had an interest in buying just so he could see what he was up against and how much more he had to do to the corolla to make it even more ellegal than it already is...:p

·
Registered
142 Posts
i think dat DMG wil lift da title this year if he dosent get da luck he had last year nd dosent rally in dat s10:idea:

·
Registered
70 Posts
PD13792, list out all that is illegal with Eugenes Corolla, go on........

Ya I thought not.....just more hot air.

You dont even know how to spell illegal:laugh:

·
Registered
19 Posts
name any other wrc car or any car that has so much torque that you have to change gear every half second.... Think about it eugene tested the latest spec subaru and ford and then choose to stick with the corolla...come on infairness...the only reason he is sticking with the corolla is because it is a far more powerfull car...

·
matt mitchell
2,730 Posts
Originally posted by PD13792
Genie always intended using the corolla,he just fancied a few free spins - how much more he had to do to the corolla to make it even more ellegal than it already is...:p
turnip head!!:barf:

eric weever has the homolegation rites to the corrolla and can make whatever changes he wants to the corrolla as long as its inside world rally car rules :D:p:D

gene 06 ITC :cool:

·
Registered
189 Posts
eugenes corolla changes gear exactly the same way as what it did when ian greer ran it, it was always widely known that the toyota had better straight line speed. think a big part of the equation is that eugene is taking the very best out of the corolla when alot of the other guys to be blunt have solberg spec cars and they dont have solberg spec ability... the price to change into a newer car would also be a deciding factor...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Another good point there, I dont think the funds were there to run a recent WRC. That car has seen huge development in Wevers workshop, all the latest Reiger suspension etc. and it is all inside the rules.

·
Banned
9 Posts
i was told the corolla has 10 more break in her this year. something going on there now, why not have it last year

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Both Eugene and Charlie were visibly quicker on the stages last year. It is a hard one to call as Subaru/Prodrive are bound to be working in the background helping Tim, DMG etc and might come up with a few tweaks-like specal tires and stuff--they don't want to lose another ITC. The Corolla will have to go very hard this year and I think Galway will be very telling as to how things might turn out for the year. More Focus out this year plus Nesbitt is back. I think Ray Breen might surprise a few folk in Galway too-let the mayhem begin.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I wouldnt rule out DMG - fair enough he was outpaced on many events in 2005 but I wouldnt call winning the circuit 3 times running a "few streaky wins"

I think he'll go well on the circuit because the confidence is there and in kilarney/jim clarke

but if Nesbitt actually follows up on the rumour and does the whole championship there will only be one winner - As long as he stays out of hedges and on the tarmac

Donelly will be quick and will prob win an event at some stage but I think the corolla will end up in a hedge this year trying to keep up with with the new technology

1 - 20 of 114 Posts