RallyForums.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is true or not but I heard that Pacenotes has a Picture of Genes Corolla from the Galway Rally and there is a big flame coming from the exhaust. Is this normal?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Originally posted by hanbidge
Not sure if this is true or not but I heard that Pacenotes has a Picture of Genes Corolla from the Galway Rally and there is a big flame coming from the exhaust. Is this normal?
oh my god...have you even been to a rally never mind see what a rally car does for example, bang and flame form exhaust caused by the antilag......wake up lad:p

·
Formerly gee
3,066 Posts
from the best of my knowledge and i stand corrected but because the air is shut off by lifting off the throttle and due to the anti lag shooting fuel into the turbo to keep it spinning the fuel ignites in the extreme temperatures of the exhaust and hence bangs and flames !

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey wrcIreland Im just asking a fucking question, I forgot you were born knowing absolutely everything

·
Registered
68 Posts
Originally posted by gee
from the best of my knoledge and i stand corrected but because the air is shut off by lifting off the throttle and due to there still being a tad of fuel goin through the cylinders into the exhaust it will ignite with the extreme temps the exhaust will be at and hence a flame!
You're right. Thats why naturally aspirated cars will do it too. Turbo cars do it more so as a result of the anti-lag, because fuel's injected into the exhaust to keep the turbo spinning at a high rpm!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Originally posted by hanbidge
Hey wrcIreland Im just asking a fucking question, I forgot you were born knowing absolutely everything
Maybe you were asking a genuine question and thats fair enough but with all the S*** at the minute it might have been better to ask "Can flames come out of rallycars". There is alot of people on here anti-Donnelly and if he walked sideways they would question if it was legal.

Rallynews clearly states Rab McDonald is to inspect Eugene s car and until then all this B*******e has to stop.

·
Fergus McAnallen
1,485 Posts
I took the photo and I can assure you it was definately a flame :)
(obviously ... the photo below is only a portion of the overal limage!!)

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Fuck has it a second engine now as well!!

Has anyone got Rabs number!

Better tell him to check under the spare wheel as well!

James you are a legend boy- Real and true:laugh::laugh:

You say little but what you do say is pure comedic genius!!!

Look forward to cheering you on the stages this year

·
Formerly neillpics
1,848 Posts
great photo well done its a matter of luck with flames! and of course good photography helps and i thought it was in flat2themat as well?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts