Rally Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PETER BOYD
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In association with the Forestry Seeding Committee I will be placing the complete MPH ratings online after each event

Tipp Forestry Ratings can be found HERE

I'll put up a brief explanation of how its worked out and tidy up the page later on

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Great list Peter- shows who was real and true!

Well done Stonemad:laugh:

Frank Kelly very quick there too.

How does it tally up if you didint finish?

Eg Willoughby had problems on the last few stages Im sure that brought down his time?

And can you say Purcell was quicker than Kelly even though Kelly ended in a sioc?

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
Great idea to put it up in black and white so it should cut out a lot of the reseeding arguements,still i suppose it wont suit everyone cause thats the way we are[whinging,moaning]

·
Registered
133 Posts
The MPH guide just shows how hard the crews are trying, even with no practice of the stages, and what would the speeds be like if the crews were using their own notes??

·
Registered
601 Posts
If John Brennan s in could ya let me know just as a matter of interest wat my rating was for last year so i can do a bit of compairing tanx in advance

·
Registered
51 Posts
In your case Lar, we got 6 stage times for yourself and Anthony.
So we divided distance by time and got your average for the stages. Ye were probably faster on some stages but it wouldn't be economical for me to go through each competitors stages one by one.
I know you're thinking how did we drop 10mph between events. The answer is everyone dropped about 10mph for this event because it was so wet and slippy.
As i mentioned before, this system is only a guide. It doesn't take into account puntures, spins, car not going right or anything.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks John I was just wondering, because when we got our correct time for stage 3, it left us 4th overall going into the last stage & i thought the MPH rating was a bit low.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts