Rally Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Eoghan Kerin
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a bit of help here lads,

i'm planing on doing the clare hillclimb on the 10th of june this will be my first event driving i've co driven twice, i have the use of a car (civic) , and i also have all the saftey gear

but the one thing i need to know is how much money will i need for the weekend, the event costs €270 for two days (the lads got 7 runs last year) i'm thinking one set of tires will do for the weekend...?

i know its a long way off but as i'm a broke student i need to see if i can get sponsorship to try and cover the costs...

cheers lads

·
Registered
70 Posts
I know the feeling, im a student also and trying to balance collage and rallying is not easy. You will easily get the two days out of a set of tyres. Whats a hillclimb, about 2 miles. Just dont use too soft a compound. A set of tyres should do a few events. What will a civic do on a stage, about 8-10mpg, so work out how much fuel you need. Hillclimbs are a fairly cheap weekend.

·
Eoghan Kerin
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers fatboy but i'd say i've the tires sorted, plus it looks like you could do the safari rally with them tires!!! :laugh:

i'm gonna allow €50 for the petrol just to be safe, i have two kumho tires which are a medimum compound but i got two soft yokoma's last night so that should be me tires sorted,

kumho's on the front, yokoama's on the back cuz its it impossible to drive enough heat into the back tires of the civic in such a short distance.

how does one go about looking for sponsorship and would 100 euro a sponsors sound right?

·
Simon Michael
440 Posts
very hard to get money just ask for 100 euro they can only say no, any rally i've done to date has been an old set of tyres the owner of the car has rollin about the corner of garage and they always last me.

Good Luck and hope you enjoy your first event

·
Eoghan Kerin
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers for the reply's lads, i have a garenteed 200 euro sponsorship which will help alot!

can't wait till june!! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts