Rally Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what entry fees are going to be next year for National round, forestry, single stage, mini stage etc?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Entries were 460 euro last year for southern Forestry championship rounds, entry fee is gone up almost 8%, that's greater than inflation!
Is rallying getting to expensive for the everyday clubman PAYE worker ?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Thats mad! how could anyone think about joining into the sport on a basic wage- maybe drifting isnt such a bad idea!

Coilte must be using rallying as one of their main sources of income!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Can anyone from a club post a break down of where your entry fee goes?

Is this genuinely not the clubs fault?

Is it insurance?

Is it damage caused?

Or are the stories of clubs making such big profits from multi stage rallies widely exagerated?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The current deal is to cover 3 years and I think it was a 500 euro increase on last years fees.
I know the Forest Rally Committee were satisfied with the deal and if it ties down fees for three years then that can only be good.
I know they are allowing so many starters(can't remeber off hand how many) for the 8,000 fee but anything over that number will incur a further charge per car.

[Edited on 16-12-2005 by pat4wd]

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Originally posted by Tropsrotom
Can anyone from a club post a break down of where your entry fee goes?

Is this genuinely not the clubs fault?

Is it insurance?

Is it damage caused?

Or are the stories of clubs making such big profits from multi stage rallies widely exagerated?
Fees for 2006:

International Rallies:
Public Liabilty insurance= €23,038.00
Officials personal accident insurance € 397.00
Permit fees € 420.00
Legal Fees € 86.00
Billy Coleman award € 500.00

Total for Permit application €24,441.00

National Rallies:
Public Liabilty €17,268.00
Officials P.A. 245.00
Permit fees 300.00
Legal fees 86.00
Billy Coleman award 500.00

Total for permit application €18,399.00.

That's before you pay for Doctors,Ambulances,Rescue,Radio equipment, accommodation for Officials and marshals,meals,marshals packs,door panels,printing,rally headquarters,results,road closing orders, etc.

If you know of any club making "such big profits" after all this then let me know because I don't.
And if you had to pay the people involved for their time on top of all that you could forget the whole thing!:eek:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Not casting any doubts over clubs who organise events, can't begin to comprehend how much of a headache it must be for the few who are left to sort things out, just curious to see how the entry fee total is arrived at.

National Rallies:
Public Liabilty €17,268.00
Officials P.A. 245.00
Permit fees 300.00
Legal fees 86.00
Billy Coleman award 500.00

Total for permit application €18,399.00 divided by 151 entrys = 181.58 per head, which leaves at least another 320 euro's per entrant, totaling 48,320 euros to pay Doctors,Ambulances,Rescue,Radio equipment, accommodation for Officials and marshals,meals,marshals packs,door panels,printing,rally headquarters,results,road closing orders.

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
i used to be involved in running rallies and you would be susprised where it all goes the program is usually the best way for a club to make some money

·
Registered
18 Posts
x works id hate to be in your club...it wouldnt last long before it would go broke...

out of your 42000 you have left over you forget..................

each doctor is €300 x 4 stages
ambulance is €420 x4 stages plus spare ambulance and
doctor on stand by health board 850
rescue is €600 per stage
thats straight away
radios are close to 3000
door panels 3000
printing and posting 12000
road closng 5000
orance survey permit to print map 350
trophys 5000
rally launch 6000
seurity on pairc ferme 1000
arrows time boards stakes 3500
tape 1500
marshals meals 300 x €15 4500
competior insurance and irds is 48 per car which is 7200
and thats at a quick think there is surely more.........

thats a total of 56980 and you had 48320...

thats a loss of........€-8600........ hate to have you running a rally best stay on the ditches................................

·
Registered
119 Posts
DONTLIFTTED you forgot to add in the program which would make a major amount for any club that does it right.

They charge for each advert in the program. Printing costs will be small and the sales cost for each program all pulls in a lot of extra revenue.

A club who cannot make a profit from a rally these days is an inefficient club in my opinion.

Just a quick check on some of your numbers

Signs and arrows - should not be a yearly cost - most clubs would have to buy them once then re-use them.

I'd have to question a club spending 6000 on a rally launch - seems excessive. The entries will fill anyway and a sponsor will be on board before any launch.

Security on Parc Ferme - maybe if the club has parc ferme!

5000 for 16 * 3 = 48 trophies????

On the expense side I think what is missing from the list is the bar & hotel tab!

Of course you have your opinion and I have mine - the problem is that a lot of clubs seem to keep a lot of this information to themselves.
What I would like to see is a published set of accounts for events - that way it is clear to see what the costs are and what the expenses are. This will drive a bit more acountability and in the end give better value for money to competitors.
If clubs aren't willing to publish accounts then in my opinion they have something to hide.

On the insurance costs - as someone has said they are fixed for three years but if you had a look at the rises in insurance costs over the last few years and then had a look at the rise in entry fees over the same period I think you will find that entry fees rose by much higher %'s. This depsite the fact that rising insurance costs after 9/11 were quoted as being the main driver of increased fees.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Originally posted by gn3dr
If clubs aren't willing to publish accounts then in my opinion they have something to hide.
They may not want certain details of where funding etc comes from- would the taxman get involved?

But it would be great if competitors could see where money is allocated.

One thing is for sure the insurance company are not making a loss, terrible thing to say but 911 suited a lot of them, what has 9/11 mindless terror and heartbroken US families got to do with public liability insurance for Irish motorsport.
(not trying to be callous here to anyone plight on a personal level, just making a point about the corporate machine!)

·
Registered
38 Posts
The West Cork Rally puts up all its marshals and officials and feeds them for two days in the HQ. Given that each stage requires an average of 100 people to run it, thats 400 beds for two nights. And I know it aint Dublin, but beds cost money, as does the grub. Fact.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Most clubs are run as a profit generating organisation so if they can make a bit of a profit-good luck. I am a member of a yacht club anf the subsrciptions go on running the club. it must be the same for a motor club.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts