Rally Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
due to one of the conrods escaping to freedom last week end i am in need of a new swift engine so who would people reccomend for a engine build not looking for a wild no expense spared build just a competitive reliable engine anyone know any thing about john donnelly i say his name mentioned here b4 ???????

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
john donnelly is very good but its impossiable to get him. you could be waiting anything up to 4 months. would you not try it yourself. its not that hard

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
trevor the best man i was told to build a swift engine is bill faulkner in scotland, but i would get martin tracey in enfield(co meath) to build it, he is a good to get good power and keep it reliable at the end of the day

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am going to ring falkner but getting the engine over to him would be expensive

the reason why i want some one to do it is i want to increase it to 1400 and give it a good check over ill try tracy as well

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by sideways sid
what about roy coulter in seskinore has built some quick swift engines
yeah he built the engine that was in the car he is'nt doing as much work as he used to thats why im after someone else.

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
Originally posted by fatboymotorsport
Originally posted by sideways sid
what about roy coulter in seskinore has built some quick swift engines
yeah he built the engine that was in the car he is'nt doing as much work as he used to thats why im after someone else.
Did you keep the receipt:whistle:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Try Tom Casey - just a bit outside Fermoy. Knows his stuff. (Although I think he rates the 1400 Opel engine more than the Suzuki) He has a rolling road and does a lot of MBE management mapping.

Or else just buy the 1400 pistons from Bil Falkoner and do the rest yourself - it's all just standard machining to fit them - (as long as your engine borer does the bores in stages rather than take off the whole lot in one bore - so as not to have problems with bores relaxing). Might have a bit of a wait on these pistons from Bill though.

There's not a lot more to be done to the bottom end of a Swift as they are fairly bomb proof.

Any idea why yours threw a rod?

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by gn3dr
Try Tom Casey - just a bit outside Fermoy. Knows his stuff. (Although I think he rates the 1400 Opel engine more than the Suzuki) He has a rolling road and does a lot of MBE management mapping.

Or else just buy the 1400 pistons from Bil Falkoner and do the rest yourself - it's all just standard machining to fit them - (as long as your engine borer does the bores in stages rather than take off the whole lot in one bore - so as not to have problems with bores relaxing). Might have a bit of a wait on these pistons from Bill though.

There's not a lot more to be done to the bottom end of a Swift as they are fairly bomb proof.

Any idea why yours threw a rod?
to pi$$ me off thats why having a run of bad luck with engines at the moment
i was told you can get a piston to fit in the std bore to bring it up to 1400 cant remember the name of the piston thou

anyone have a number for bill falkoner ????

·
Registered
119 Posts
0044 1450371338

Have read some stuff about fitting Honda Civic pistons (B16 maybe??) after machining. Not sure though.

Difference between a well built 1300 and a 1400 may not be all that much given the cost involved for a set of forged pistons. We always want to more power though don't we......

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
how about ck performance in wexford he built the engine for PJ-RS1800 and it never blew up:surrender::surrender::surrender:

·
Simon Michael
440 Posts
Damien Dogherty, Hes in the North but brilliant with engines builds Formula vee engines, builds preps formula ford engines and cars

SON OF THE LEGENDARY DAN DOGHERTY, Now if even 1 person knows of this man i'll eat my hat, goes back a BIG bit

·
Andy Heekin
743 Posts
Trevor,
Martin treacy is hard to beat, he nows his stuff and is not hard paid, he has a 2wd and 4wd rolling road. he will ask you what you want and how much and he will breakdown the cost associated with different power etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hmm , who ever told you that cc can be increased by changing pistons is incorrect (I will be polite !)
cc is a simple mathematical function of bore (diameter) and stroke (length) . If you don't change either of these, your cc (swept volume) will stay the same ..... doesn't matter what shape your pistons are ! (now , compression ratio .... that's a different story)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Originally posted by buckley
Anyone have a contact number for martin tracey?
u still looking for a contact number? my brother got him to port and polish the head on his mk2 golf gti, also got a high lift cam off him! martin knows his stuff alrite, that golf is an animal now, 2 litre bottom end on it and 1.8 8v head on it, never seen a car to go up the revs so easy!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts