RallyForums.com banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Originally posted by alwayssideways
missed it........will it be on rte next week i wonder
Don't think so Torlac, you heading to Sligo in a fortnight?

It's being repeated on UTV on Monday night at 11.30pm

·
Registered
277 Posts
I watched it last night, it appeared to be very rushed, it would be great to have a full one hour programme. the first half of the programme was over before they started to show the rally properly.:(:(

·
formerly alwayssideways
717 Posts
Originally posted by dcr22B
Originally posted by alwayssideways
missed it........will it be on rte next week i wonder
Don't think so Torlac, you heading to Sligo in a fortnight?

It's being repeated on UTV on Monday night at 11.30pm
Unfortunately i won't be in sligo. you staying in the same B&B again?? looks like it will be better than the last one. Don't get ripped off at the service area this time lol:D

·
Formerly tarmac timo
1,663 Posts
Lads was out on the batter in the deise last night for rag week and i missed it. Do ye know if its being repeated on UTV again??:dunno:

·
Ryan Hurson
93 Posts
rpm was a complete disappointment last night, it spend half the program talking about the rally and the drivers, i dont want to know how much rallys every driver has won, i WANT ACTION, i want plenty of incar footage and some DECENT footage from the stages.

·
Registered
291 Posts
look - RPM has to make a programme to suit everyone from those who know bugg*r all about rallying to the so called experts and everyone in between

- and they do a dam fine job - if you dont like it - DONT WATCH IT!!!
-insided of watchin it just so you can come on here and bitc*h about how bad it was the next day:mad:

_- its been said a thousand times on here - they are trying to squeeze a full weekends rallying into about 23 minutes and make the programme accessable and informative to those who dont know much about the sport and they do as good a job as any programme maker ive seen -including the wrc coverage

there was good amount of incar stuff on the galway event -commentry was good as ever, as was the music and production
-give them a break - and if you think its that bad - dont watch it !

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
RallyIreland, the point been they did not fit a weekend rallying in 23mins, more like 7 mins, at 11pm at night the only people up watching the programme are the people with an interest in rallying, so that argument is null and void, and lastly if you don't like discussion about RPM good or bad then DON'T READ THE POSTS!.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Rallyireland

The only folk up at that time of night are rally fans. If RPM were trying to appeal to a wider audience it would be on earlier. The only folk likely to be watching are those interested in rallying. And Students-eh Strops:)

·
Brian Fenton
1,221 Posts
@Michaeld & tarmac timo, as said previously it will be repeated on UTV on Monday night and Michaeld you have sky read the other thread and catch it on Monday night or else wait until June to see it on RTÉ...(not comfirmed just going on previous years)

·
Registered
291 Posts
the programme was on during the day on sat / sundays last year - i.e. hiting a wider audience - and people were still complaining

-it looks like people are never happy unless they have something to bitch about - It wasnt too long ago there was complaints on here when the Sunday world reported RPM was going to be axed

The programme is the best we've got - we would all like to see a longer time slot but its not goin to happen - SO get over it!!!!!

some people prefer on the limit sports - thats fine its not bad -but personally I cant listen to the commentry on it and the whole thing has a much more amature feel about it - That said its still good, but I dont come on here after every episode and slag it like many do with RPM !

·
Formerly J B
1,500 Posts
Quote Miss Ballentine

Stay tuned next week for Grp N and all OTHER class winners will this mean the National Section or has there been a name change within R.P.M ( Really Piss On Modified )

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Rallyireland, did I sell you a LHD motorbike before!!!
If you want to go through life and think, second best and below acceptable standards are OK, that is your choice. .
I don't mean to be funny, but anyone that thinks 7-10 mins of rally action in a 25 minute programme to be acceptable to the ITC, to the event sponsor, who pays RPM to rally fans is not looking at the big picture. Production wise, commentary wise, RPM is good, action wise if the Galway rally is the standard then it is not acceptable. the Galway Rally itself was fantastic for close action, between 1st and 2nd until Sunday afternoon and then 2nd and third. This was not conveyed in the programme, and I can only remember seeing the odd glimpse of Peadar who had a fantastic ride.

Tender the television rights out, each prospective production company, Produces one half hour rally programme as a pilot, then the winner adheres to a certain running format for each production from each round. With a minimum, time set for interview(10 secs) rally action, incar action etc etc. This should done on a 2 year contract basis.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts