RallyForums.com banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Donnelly\'s New Tyres?????

HERE'S AN INTERESTING ONE:dunno:

Was helping out a few local lads with their sunbeam over in Aughdowy on Saturday, and just as we were taking it down off the trailer McGeehan and his crowd arrived with Donnellys Corolla. Very Interestingly the car was wheeled off the trailer with a set of 4 scrubbed PIRELLI'S on her, in spite of all the Kumho signage about the car??? What's going on here i wonder-either a change is coming or they put on a set of Pirelli's that were lying about the shed to transport the car???????? Did anyone else spot this? Did Eugene run on them all day??

[Edited on 19-12-2005 by dillylacey]

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Maybe he got a few free sets from the Prodrive boys at that test in Cooley?

Donnelly on Pirellis next year might just give him a fighting chance against the Welder in an S10??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very Observent.

It was thought Derek McGeehan himself driving.
Which Sunbeam?
Did you see the Yellow Go-cart then.... Some Machine

Was up watching the Flying Purple Corsa '216'

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Didnt Donnelly use Michelins before the Kumho days? Back in the Celica in the forests.

·
Registered
149 Posts
donnelys new tyres

donnely did an exstensive test with pirelli 4 weeks ago in draperstown,back to back against his kumhos.lets face it,he needs to find more speed somewhere as his competitors will come out all guns blazing next year,and as i said before,fine driver that he is,the c ship may have been different if 1 0r 2 drivers had of had a share of the fantastic luck eugene enjoyed all year !!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Aye he had a luck year, Circuit apart he was well lucky all year.

Circuit was the only time DMG had luck in 05, and The Welder wasnt out enough to challenge really, in fact he had bad luck, self inflicted in Donegal and engine inflicted in Ulster.

·
Registered
158 Posts
donnelly for galway...dmg circuit.....welder for kilarney and donegal.....donnelly for jim clark....kenny for manx...welder for ulster and mcnulty wins cork in his only outing for the year

[Edited on 19-12-2005 by Trojian Horse]

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
No way, he can drive no doubt but he cant go any quicker in that car, and sooner or later DMG will get a clear run at him and with The Welder back full time Im afraid 05 was Donnellys year, even without Kumhos dry or wet he wont win them all.

I reckon Mc Nutty might just win Galway? (and Cork 20 but thats it) (but maybe JCMR also??)

·
Formerly m.lowe
5,343 Posts
The Kumhos cant be that bad if he can win two championships with them.

I think even with a bit more power he is still going to have to drive the knackers off it to keep ahead next year

Good luck to him but Skoda should of pulled their finger out of their arse and helped him with tecnical backup

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Dunlop would be a good tyre either, Breen proved that and I was talking to an engineer from German touring cars and he was telling me just how much work Dunlop are putting into Tarmac tryes and how it will filter down to road cars and rallying, ie Dunlop are going to get bigger in the near future.

·
Registered
430 Posts
interesting point about tyres i was at the last mourne rally donnelly done in the 185 celica and he was using perilli corse on the stages even though car was covered in kumho decals ??? i thought it strange also ...

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Did they not scrub them Pirelli decals on the sidewalls off with a wire brush?

If I remember right on the same rally a local man in a WRC Subaru, (who also had Kumho stickers all over his car) ran with Michelins but no attempt to disguise them?

It was a wild hot day!

·
Registered
145 Posts
donnelly used michelins on the G3. if you remember back to that day on the mourne it was a roaster the kumhos were crap in that heat so he fired them off for fear of getting beat.

[Edited on 19-12-2005 by v800]

·
Formerly pcmotorsport
905 Posts
think everybody is seeing sence. all the top boys do test after test with different tyre's every year but in my opinion i think they go withbest deal for them. i wish to stat that we never had a problem with the kumho's they were on the car which helped brendan win the welsh forestry championship i edited this message because it was 1 i said it arse ways. and 2 it gave the wrong interpatation. with i apolajise for

[Edited on 20-12-2005 by pcmotorsport]

1 - 20 of 60 Posts