RallyForums.com banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just recieved a message to say that our genie has been excluded from killarney for bringing the rally into disrupute, for talkin negativiely about da rally. if anyone has any info get back to me
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
he can still run under appeal

·
Formerly RS1800
2,979 Posts
Ya wha? I find that hard to belive. Never heard of anyone been excluded from a rally for 'bringing it into Disripute' before :eek::. What did he say? "Molls Gap is for sissies and little girls"?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dunno guys wat he has meant of said but thats wat my man said, im trying to source the information at the minute

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Belfast Telegraph Home > Sport > General

Rallying: Killarney ban for Donnelly

By Sammy Hamill

28 April 2006
Eugene Donnelly has been excluded from the Rally of the Lakes which begins in Killarney tomorrow morning.

The shock move follows an article in the Belfast Telegraph yesterday in which the reigning Irish Tarmac champion and Circuit of Ireland winner expressed his anger at the limited reconnaissance period allowed for this weekend's two-day event.

He claimed it was only "fuelling the problem" of illegal reconnaissance which has plagued Irish rallying for a number of years.

Donnelly has been accused by the organisers of "bringing the rally into disrepute".

The Maghera driver was already in Killarney to prepare for the event, which is the third round of the Pirelli Tarmac championship, when he was told of the decision. As well as the Circuit of Ireland he also won the first round in Galway at the start of the year.

Donnelly has lodged an appeal and is expected to be allowed to start the rally tomorrow morning pending the outcome of the appeal.

"I was stunned by the decision," he said. "I have never heard of a driver being excluded from a rally for talking to the press or expressing an opinion."

·
Formerly RS1800
2,979 Posts
Originally posted by RS1800
Ya wha? I find that hard to belive. Never heard of anyone been excluded from a rally for 'bringing it into Disripute' before :eek::. What did he say? "Molls Gap is for sissies and little girls"?
Guess I was kinda wrong! Christ almighty that is heavy. That's his run of luck gone, if he's allowed to run under appeal he will be in some mood to prove a point, even more than McGarrity.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
It is typical of the Killarney Mafia-one of the best events in the country has just brought itself into disrepute.

Eugene will run under appeal and win his appeal, don't know if the corolla has the legs to win as the rally is bleeding fast-top 3 place I reckon

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Originally posted by rubywax
one of the best events in the country has just brought itself into disrepute.
I would agree with that !!!

Good to see that freedom of speech is alive and well in Killarney.

[Edited on 28-4-2006 by CiaraC]

·
Formerly anihel
1,883 Posts
Outrageous, so in other words if a competitor has constructive critiscism (and thats what this is), and the organisers don't like it they'll throw you out, and yet if you blacken the roads with illegal recce everything is fine!! KDMC sort yourselves out!!:whip:

·
Patrick S
455 Posts
thats a bit too fishy for me ...looks like they might be using this as an excuse to exclude him for another reason that we all know about......:smoke:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by shamrocket
thats a bit too fishy for me ...looks like they might be using this as an excuse to exclude him for another reason that we all know about......:smoke:
whats that supposed to mean????

·
Formerly J B
1,500 Posts
thats a bit ruf killarney motor club cop yourselves on , best rally in Ireland me hole when the best driver in Ireland cant even voice his opinion , :starwars::starwars::starwars:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Lads this is unbelivable ........ are we gone back to the 'Hitler' era or what ??? Can you not express an opinon nowadays ?
what happens if he wins it Sunday evening ? I can't see him spraying the 'champane' or thanking the club for that matter ... . i don't really want him to win .. but not this way ! I would love to know who in the club decided this ? but i have a fair idea who's calling the shots - as always ...
Killarney ye have over stepped the mark this time !!!!!!!!:starwars:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts