RallyForums.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hopefully derk will appear in killarney. i have a feeling he will be faster than most this year :washmouth: anyone else agree ;)

:moo:

·
Stephen Doherty
983 Posts
Dont think so..Tim or Boland for the win..Dont think Donnelly will make it to the finish.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im surprised nesbitt is not entered :headache: it would make the whole business a lot more interesting :clap::clap:

·
Stephen Doherty
983 Posts
Exactely!!! Hopefully he will be back for donegal in a fit car!!!! then there will be a race!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and he will win this time :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
dont know about a leauge of his own but the people that are his best competition are in the wrong car
would love to see dmg in a 05 focus or get mhiggins over in a 03> focus and see what he can do
surely machale will have a spare one lying around at donegal time get mhiggins into it that would be worth watching. :clap:

·
Registered
223 Posts
donnie will put it up to donnelly he has nothing to lose if he puts donnelly under any pressure for the lead and there is a gap between second and third donnelly will drive for points

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by sub555
donnie will put it up to donnelly he has nothing to lose if he puts donnelly under any pressure for the lead and there is a gap between second and third donnelly will drive for points
if he has a big off he has a lot to lose!

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Well lets look at the form.

DMG-two mechanical probs in 2 events.

Timmy Mallet-two events,two prangs.

Boland-two good second places.

Eugene-two wins.

On the one hand I reckon Donnelly is on top form with an excellet back up, but it would be nice to see DMG win as it would liven it up a bit. See the medication is really working folks-I am looking for DMG to win, if only to liven up the series and give Eugene a run for his money

·
Fergus McAnallen
1,485 Posts
Originally posted by abe1234
donnelly will be untouchable again:yes:
Dount count your chickens....remember just a few years ago Eugene simply couldn't keep up with the Subaru guys on the wider *dry* tarmac stages which the Corolla could not keep up with....he said at the time he was "driving the socks off the car". If its dry, and all the top guys stay in, I don't think it will be Eugene's rally. If its wet, it could be a different story.

Then again, I haven't seen the stages to know what they are like - wide/narrow/twisty/whatever

·
Darren O'Mahony
374 Posts
Well lets look at the form from another perspective. When exactly has Derek McGarrity been a pace-setter on an ITC round? I'm genuinely curious. I know he's won the COI thrice (and for that I applaud the man, it's no mean feat by anybody's standards), but on none of those events was he by far and away the quickest man out there. I'm not trying to begrudge him his victoris here, and I'm aware he was sufficiently quick to pick up the trophies, but at the same time, he wasn't exactly dominating.

I'm genuinely curious as to why he's rated so highly. I'll admit he impressed me greatly on the Donegal stages last year, which I think must be his best drive ever.

But compared with the magic that has been created by McHale, Fisher, Finlay, Nesbitt and indeed Donnelly, he just isn't quite up there. A very definite podium man, but not a balls amach winner.

I hope he does prove me wrong though in Killarney.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Yeh the championship deffo needs livening up

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Its just good to see Donie out again, he will go well for sure. No Liam McCarthy which is strange. Stephen Murphy will be in the top 10 as will Aaron. Hope Mr Hurson makes it and keeps it out of trouble.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts