Rally Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The service area has just started to take shape http://www.corse-du-sud.cci.fr/port/webcam.htm

What are your predictions for the weekend ?? The weather is showing rain on Friday (boooo) but dry for the rest of the weekend.

I hope the Fords have a strong finish this weekend and judging by their pace on the twisty sections of Catalunya, they could very well take teh overall win :D

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Hope it bloody rains all weekend so that the Subarus might get somewhere near the front!

[Edited on 3-4-2006 by dcr22B]

·
Registered
228 Posts
cool, id like to c the ford team win alrite, but i tink loeb is the man on the mission, provided the car goes well for him i tink he'll finish top, hes just unstoppable!!!:dunno::dunno::dunno: but it would be good to see the blue oval finishing on top, and if not at least in the top 3!!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Marcus for his first real tarmac win
Seb 2nd
Miko 3
Petter (he is beat before he even sits into the car I am afraid) Pirelli won in a tricky 03 event, I witnessed that great event but (Michelin / BF GoodricH) have now taken their tyres to a level that Pirelli are nowhere near, wet or dry tarmac, hot or cold gravel

·
Registered
462 Posts
Nice for some to be able to jetting around the world following the WRC. Cataluyna and Corsica, anywhere on the agenda this year? Have a nice time.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Originally posted by CiaraC
Originally posted by dcr22B
Hope it bloody rains all weekend
Aww, that's not nice :)

Several weather sites are showing showers on Saturday and Sunday too :(
Sorry Ciara, I'm just praying that Subaru can be somewhere near competitive as if their year continues as badly as it started, it may put their future participation in doubt (I'm possible scaremongering here but as we've seen with Mitsubishi anything can happen!).

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
Kris Meeke 19 secs up after 2 stages,ahead of Wilson as well

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by dcr22B
Sorry Ciara, I'm just praying that Subaru can be somewhere near competitive as if their year continues as badly as it started, it may put their future participation in doubt (I'm possible scaremongering here but as we've seen with Mitsubishi anything can happen!).
I can safely say that I was extremely disappointed with the Subarus at the weekend. Why are they so far behind ?? Is it the tyres or is it the car ?? Surely Pirelli cannot be THAT far behind BF Goodrich in their development ?? Granted that Galli was not as quick as I thought he may have been and he was on Pirelli's also. He was well down on Bengue in a similar car but on BF's. Why are Pirelli letting their developmemt fall behind ??

Corsica, what a rally !!! The best tarmac event I have been to by a long long way. Very tight, very twisty, very technical, very slippery in places. It is just stunning !!!

The pace at the front was awesome.

·
Fergus McAnallen
1,485 Posts
I've never been to a World Rally before but have always liked the thought of going to Corsica...not sure if it will continue as a WRC round in the future though? I thought a few years ago there was talk of Sardinia permanently replacing it?

·
Patrick S
455 Posts
subaru.... whats up
is the team falling apart
does it need new drivers with fire in their bellys
should it bin pirelli
something has to be done, thay are destroying their image
i have almost lost faith in them
come on get the finger out

[Edited on 10-4-2006 by shamrocket]

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by rallyretro
I've never been to a World Rally before but have always liked the thought of going to Corsica...not sure if it will continue as a WRC round in the future though? I thought a few years ago there was talk of Sardinia permanently replacing it?
It would be a huge loss if Corsica were dropped. It really is fantastic. It is one rally I've always wanted to do also and it did not disappoint at all. It was better than I hoped it would be.

I was warned about the locals before I went but I found them to be nothing but very nice, helpful people who could not do enough for you if you had the right attitude towards them.

[Edited on 10-4-2006 by CiaraC]

·
Registered
734 Posts
Corsica
Great rally, looked good again this year. Although I dont like the new shortened version. In 2003 we got 11 of 16 stages and could have got 14/16 if we had not locked ourselves on a stage on the Friday.
Dont expect a massive party scene though, and make sure you buy the bandit sticker for the car.
Subarus. Pirelli, the major problem but also they seem to be suffering from drivers over driving and going off, ie Petter.
I also think Petter is beat before he even starts a rally these times, I think the 10 win statement last year and cutting his hair has really back fired on him.
I was suprised the Marcus was not closer, but Corsica maybe suited the Fords better but for that event you need to be 100% comfortable in the Car and I dont think Marcus has that comfort JUST YET.
Germany will be different but the needs the boy Duval in the Number 2 car I think, although Miko could suprise on that one.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was on SS1/3 at the 16km point doing splits. Marcus was just about even with Loeb at that point on both runs, not more than 0.4 seconds behind. From the 18km point on that stage he lost nearly a second a km to Loeb, a very tricky uphill section to the finish. I think he dropped 14 seconds to Loeb on those 2 stages alone. No idea why.

On Saturday, I was 21km into SS6/8, 4 km's past the Col and they were very close again.

The battle between Mikko and Sordo was interesting yesterday. For Sordo to climb from 13th at one point on Friday to 3rd overall is remarkable.

·
Formerly RS200
739 Posts
the subaru pirelli thing is much like ferarri bridgestone

you hear the drivers talk about lack of grip everystage and the tyres arent warm enuff, can they just not terminate the contract with pirelli and get kumhos?

·
Registered
734 Posts
RS
as bad as pirelli are I am sure the Kumho would not help.
Eugene comes into his own on damp tricky stages were the B**ls count not the rubber.
Pirelli have some serious work to do.
Pre 05
Normal Gravel 50/50
Hot Gravel 70/30 (Pirelli)
Snow 70/30 (Michelin) although Pirelli have not bridged the gap
Wet Gravel Pirelli .
Now they are ok on the normal gravel, hammered on tarmac, and hot gravel.
I dont think the S12 is that bad, just needs to find the 1 sec per km

·
Registered
619 Posts
subaru's drivers aren't the best - chris atkinson is nothing more than a melbourne cabbie.....and drives like one - takes them 2 hours to get ye across town.....

and solberg just seems to have lost it..

get mcrae back

·
Patrick S
455 Posts
i think they should sign up sordo for next season without delay along with another hot shoe of the future
current drivers have no determination to be the best it seems

·
Registered
228 Posts
any1 see wilsons crash? got away light i tink, ended up on his side but there didnt seem to be too much wrong with the car, maybe there was i just got a glimpse of it!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts