RallyForums.com banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on this rally for 2006 or will it turn out to be the same shambles again?

[Edited on 14-1-2006 by ste0411]

·
Registered
238 Posts
Heard a rumor theres some changes at or near the top.

They are bound to do a press launch soon you'd think

·
Registered
109 Posts
There have been huge changes, from the top down, for the 2006 event. Neil Malcolm will still be the clerk of course, as far as I know, but with alot of new faces working with him.

Derry looks likely!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What shit you post middle east driver

·
matt mitchell
2,730 Posts
Originally posted by Middle East Driver
The city of the "Whanns" it tiz ... I'm shipping in sand for a super special round the Walls :laugh::laugh::p

the super special is in the grounds of the old army base on the waterside ;):eek:

·
Registered
23 Posts
this year i cannot see the COI being a shamms unlike other years the rally will be a rally, full of fun, enjoyment and mostly a bit of craic. the beat on the street is that the uac are not the club in charge but with a team of gr8 rally organisers i can see this event being the event of the year.
so come on lads dont put them down encourage them, help them offer ur help for COI 2006

·
Registered
424 Posts
Final someone has something good to say about the event!!!

So why dont you cry'ers get out and help the event, why not go out and help run the event and make it a success!!!!!!????

[Edited on 18-1-2006 by All okay here]

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So this great event? where is the website/info........or as usual nothing?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Last year there was no info whats so ever on the event..useless!!

·
Fergus McAnallen
1,485 Posts
Ste, I assume not even the organisers know where its gonna be based or how its gonna go, due to the past problems that have accumulated over some years .... unlike Donegal or Killarney rally which have a sturdy base of stages used year in year out and ran by generally the same people, and havent had the problems the Circuit has in recent years.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Its time to stop calling it the circuit-it is not a circuit! Call it something else like the Easter Rally, decide on where to base it permanently and stick with it. The Ulster rally is based in Armagh so keep it away from there and Enniskillen. There are classic stages in Co Down and Antrim so why not base it in Bangor and have a five year plan to stick there, rather than faffing about with no fixed base. The you might be able to built it up into a classic rather than trade on a classic name. It took the Lakes a while to get going but it is a classic rally now, using classic stages. Also by basing it at say Bangor you are near Larne and Belfast so you might encourage drivers from the UK who can easily get in by ferry. Stuff Derry-it is too close to Letterkenny.

[Edited on 19-1-2006 by rubywax]

·
Registered
866 Posts
so true ruby :kiss: and could they pick some nice roads this time? its rather sore on the bum doing illegal recceing over them roads :kiss::barf::eek::p:idea::caution::roll::D;):mad:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I recon it'll be a good rally this year. Changes in the organisers, means fresh eyes looking at old problems. Never a bad idea!!!

I'll maybe take it a year, it's never easy working with a new team round you, or from a new base (if the rumours are true), but the Circuit definately seems to be on the way up!!!

Well Done lads (and lasses)!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts