RallyForums.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who reckons the circuit will be the same shambles as usual or will this new fella coming on board make it work?

I think what will happen is that theyl have less stages so that there is more chance of it runnin on time then if it does run on time theyl say it was amazin. Cutting down on stages is an easy way to make it appear to run smooth.

Just my 2c worth

HL

·
Gary Knight
1,087 Posts
I think if anybody will help get it right it will be John Conway. He has his head screwed on. The programme on the BBC about his business showed how much he was disgusted with last years rally and the efforts he has went to, to make sure its a top class event this time round.

Heres hoping anyway.

[Edited on 11-4-2006 by GKnight]

·
Registered
223 Posts
I dont think it can get any worse only better they should call it the Circuit of Northern Ireland its been all over there

·
Registered
487 Posts
I hear they are running a night-time super special at next yrs event? If they mess it up this year thatl be the end of the circuit. All these loops of stages done 2/3 times means the rally can never travel too far from its base.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
This day week we will know all- I am cautiously sceptical didnt sidewinder sam or whatever you call him in Pace notes have a very valid commentary questioning the wisdom of a sponsor calling ALL the shots in a rally?

It would be silly to judge now though.............lets wait.

·
Registered
487 Posts
am i right in saying that the circuit of wicklow rally is on same time as the circuit? Thats maybe why some of the good mk2 men arent entered for the national!

·
Registered
619 Posts
i'll tell ye lads, the only way forward for rallying is to have more sponsors involved in running rallies. They invest huge amounts of money, for questionable return these days.

Apart from donegal and killarney, there is no-one on the stages now adays. Quite simple - we need sponsor input to get it right, or their interest will wane, less money invested in event, in drivers, no sponsorship on cars, and eventually no rallying.

Also, how much tv coverage do they get? There is more money tied up in 1 top rally car than there are in players in the irish league. ( and look at the coverage that sh it gets)

·
Formerly RS200
739 Posts
someone needs to have a whisper in roman abramovich's ear or them soccer crazy fans that bought over united, what would happen if they were to invest?????:gotcha:

the drivers would be getting paid to do the event like carlsson rally ireland.........

there would be skyrally1 skyrally2 skyrally3 skyrallyextra skyrallynews skyrallypayperview skyrally1+1 etc..........

andrew nesbitt and eugene donnelly would be on top of the pops doing a duet with a debut single called "revving mad" (an old scooter re-do "im raving im raving" a re-do of an old "blue suede shoooos")

dirk magardy would be doin ads for lucozade sport.

toyota would develop new cars just for eugene and even have his name sewed on the seat.

maurice gass would put mike brewer out of his job by presenting wrecks to riches and then the sequel second series riches to wrecks via lurgan park scenic route.

all it takes is some of these rich buggers from kazakstan to come over for to see the lovely ireland, tell them theres money to be made and theyll write out checks,
sher they bought portsmouth for fcksake, proof that they would believe anything, they obviously overheard a drunk conversation in a pub down by the sea "jayses hi, portsmouth is some team hi, they are number bloody 1 " after portsmouth narrowly defeated a struggling kettering town on penalties in the replay of the 3rd of the fa cup.

:eek:fftopic: says you.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Originally posted by can1
There is a thing in the derry journal saying two stages where canceled on the monday due to all the fatalities on the roads in the area.

I was wondering why there is only two stages on the monday.
do you mean there are only 2 stages in total on monday or two stages done twice on monday?

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
Due to PR concerns crews were asked to avoid the malin stages where possible on sunday. it snowed heavily in the area around 2pm which kept tourists to a minimum. There was no mention of stages being cancelled at the hq either at 8 am.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts