Rally Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this the cheapest WRC ever. the price of 2Metres of Land in West Galway, or 2 coffees and Bun in the New G Hotel.

Check out the link, it is a bloody bargain. Anyone know what car it is?

http://www.rallycarsforsale.net/

·
David Cummins
516 Posts
Its hardly Dennis Biggerstaff's Impreza he is selling for him? I know its on e-bay for small money too

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
V10 ALL, I thought was a 99 car?
It could be a number of cars, it could be Gerard Moroneys car, or Steve Furzeland has his 98 spec car for sale recently he could have traded up, or Daragh Rafferty could have traded up, could be a number of cars from the UK. Still thinking about it, it is a bargain, 100k Euro buys you a X5 , which would you rather have an Ex Works WRC or a 4 X 4 to go to Dunnes. I wonder is there room for a baby seat?

·
Registered
107 Posts
that car was used in wicklow in the woods. donie o sullavan had it in killarney a few years ago to....

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bobo, Donie used Ollies P2000 in Wicklow not a 98,
Hatsford could indeed be Stephens, he did have his for sale recently as well, but I think he was looking for a group N trade in or something along those lines.

[Edited on 5-5-2006 by Clan]

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
Think the buying might be the cheaper part of the deal, running reliably very expensive

·
Registered
258 Posts
Presume all the parts for these are quite cheap at this stage??
Isnt Denis Cronin running his 99 car for fairly small money??

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Supposed to be just as cheap as running a Group N car, so said Mr MacHale Snr and Jnr

·
Registered
258 Posts
was talking to a well known driver and he said that group n cars are too dangerous now, he reckons there too quick and that the brakes arent up to it, he has bought a WRC because he feels safer driving it, any opinions??

By the way any idea what the costs involved are for running say a 98 pec wrc on a national event?? 5k all in?? maybe more maybe less??

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can only guess, but it must be a minimum of 5K, if you have your own service crew. 8 Stages = four sets of tyres, must be at least 2k- Special fuel and oil must add another whack, insurance if you have it insured, which I guess you would do must be a grand for the day and then service crew. Might not be that expensive after all.
I know the modern Group N cars are allowed improved brakes, and the bodyshells are now caged to WRC spec cars. And certainly they have the speed in the right hands to match a WRC, but are they as safe as a WRC not too sure.

·
Registered
149 Posts
THE CAR ADVERTISED IS P5 WRC,EX MC GARRITY/CULLEN/STEVE CARWAY,STILL A LOVELY CAR GO AND BUY IT AND QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT !!

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jim, can you do interest free loans????

It if its P5 WRC it is a 97 car, Ex Eriksson, he won the Swedish in 97 in this car. But I am guessing it has been upgraded to 98 Spec with active rear Diff and electronic adjustable shocks.
Still a bloody bargain.

[Edited on 5-5-2006 by Clan]

·
Registered
258 Posts
Damn sure it is, Clan would u burn off 4 sets in one day?? I thought maybe the top boys would but someone like Darradgh Rafferty would hardly need 4 sets?? maybe 2?? Plus id say a lot of the national boys have their own lads looking after them and then get Harper or someone to rebuild em once or twice a year??

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No idea Michael, I am just guessing its possible, plus I am sure you would have more in the van for different weather conditions etc. Your own service crew is the way to go alright.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts