RallyForums.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
High Octane Sniffer
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your biggest concern in motorsport, that if not changed could ruin it outright,

Surprisingly mines is spectators sorry lads but in the past say 5 rallies I have went to I have seen stone throwing running away for cars jumping in at last second drunkenness arguing with marshals no care at all some see it as a cheap thrill and bit of carry on,

One sticks in my mind the most is when I was standing 100-200 yards from a hairpin, there was 4-5 youths standing opposite the road drinking tins of beer after they had finished they threw them onto the road, yes yes yes a light alloy tin wouldn't do allot of damage to the car but its the fact that they thought to them self's we will throw this can out onto the road to see what happens , its this kind of lack of respect that will put rallying down,

Spectators Spectators Spectators this topic has sprung up more times than a wheel has turned on a 83 motor but it still need to be settled I myself may have climbed the odd tree stood on a wall but have never interfered with any competitors and stood where a marshal or coc spectator control has told me to move,

So what can be done
My view is simple as I think it was sorta done at the Ulster!
.closing off al entry to a stage and setting up 1-2 spectator spots but I think it unfair on media so I think media could be giving a permission to walk the stage, and so not anyone can grab a media pass this should be tightened up so only media who is providing a service or making money/living out of it can get a media pass
!!!

Other thing crop up are raising cost to motorsport especially the cost of getting a motorsport licence which is utterly ridiculous I remember friends/family of mines just sending away a small fee and form and there licence arrived ,

well that's my view don't banter on about who often this has come up but I haven't herd everyone's opinion on this would like to see allot of posts and not allot of views please anyone who cares will post

:mad:

·
Registered
866 Posts
ban all sequential gearboxes :mad::D:caution::p:kiss:;):eek:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Aye nothing worse than a gang of youths arriving with the litre carry-outs of WKD blue and magners (and I'm sorry to say theres a lot of them up this end of the country) Drinking in public is an offence all over the island but is hardly ever enforced outside the big towns such as Derry or Letterkenny. Further south, i've began to notice underage kids out knacker drinking on the sides of stages, worrying from more than just a rallying angle.

also every season it seems that there's more and more [email protected] spectators turning up at events with the only desire it seems to get a cancellation

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Yeah Illegal recce is fucking us up the Jacksie

Spec control should have tazer guns and mace............now that would make for good clips for ON & OFF 3

·
Registered
16 Posts
dillylacey,

drinking in public is only illegal in towns and cities where local authorities have enacted the appropriate bye-laws - it is not an offence all over the island

·
Simon Gillespie
414 Posts
Hello Rubywax, you must have been in a different Finland to me!!! All they do at the rallys is fall around stone-drunk... especially the Estonians.. Been there 5 times and same every year

They should set up 2 championships here...
One for rich people and one for good drivers!!!!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Originally posted by Simkev
They should set up 2 championships here...
One for rich people and one for good drivers!!!!
That is a freakin fantastic idea!

Shame it will never happen:dunno:

I was in Finland once, nice small old B&B type place, looked out on a lake from one window, a mature forest on the other, my gosh it was handsome, oh yeah I forgot the little old lady who served us the breakfast gave us vodka instead of Orange juice and then put vodka on my Frosties, I think they like vodka over there?

·
Formerly neillpics
1,848 Posts
yeah i was at the gullion stages and about 4 children where mad in the head running on to the road to touch the heat on the road! also when on tree kicked branches and nearly landed on the road. If thats not enough they got out the phone and stood on the ROAD! to film the next car.
These children should know better as their father drives a car and was in this event!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Originally posted by rossgamble1987
What is your biggest concern in motorsport, that if not changed could ruin it outright,

:mad:
Prawn sandwhich brigade in RIAC in dawson street who think circut racing is where motorsport begins and ends :mad: and rallying is only for ruffians.

Scruitneers that seem more intrested in telling you that the numbers are to small on your plate or your fluffy dice are not homlogated than weather the thing is actuallly safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts