6 Michael Barrable
7 Kevin Barrett
8 Alan Ring
9 David James
10 Gabriel Martin

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Great stuff charlie......was Aaron in the Focus?

·
Stephen Doherty
983 Posts
Alister led the Mk2s for a while then dissapeared..anyone know what happened breen??? he was leading...hard luck to ray. well done to Aaron on a grat drive!!

·
Fergus McAnallen
1,485 Posts
I was at the rally today, nice weather, fast stages where we watched...

McRae was towed into the second service after stage 6. He has a Nissan engine in his mk2.

Don't know exactly what happened Breen but he went past us first on the road on stage 7.

[Edited on 8-5-2006 by rallyretro]

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Ah well that explains it what a clown putting a Nisan engine in a Mark 2

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by ste0411
what sort of engine would you put in a mk11 (if you could afford one) TUBE what a statement its is money his car and he thinks that a nissan engine is the way to go thats his choice,dont think that makes him a clown,dont forget that he beat both jimmy and colin in the same car last year on the scottish,now wise up or p i s s of to another rally forum :stupid:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Breen rolled the car, prity heavy damage I believe cause there was bumpers of the focus on both sides of the road when we came through the stage, as for mcrea, an oil pipe came of the engine and the first they knew about it was the dropping oil pressure.

Well done to all the people involved with the rally, and the competitors for making it a good days fun.

·
Formerly cathal
278 Posts
Originally posted by ste0411
would that mean that all the mk11 drivers in ireland using vauxhall,toyota or mazda rotary engines are clowns as well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Everyone has there own opinions but it boils down to cost and availability of engines. (in saying that there is non of them cheap)
At this stage people would start to think that a ford engine never came in the mk2 because there are so many half breeds!!!!
A ford engine in a mk2, now how would that work....... just ask gwndaf because his seems to be working just fine.
Nissan engines arent that bad, just look at the 240rs engines!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts