RallyForums.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PETER BOYD
1,839 Posts
What model of the M3 are you talking about Ross, E30, E36, E46.

If its the E30 your thinking of, then shells will probably be scarce enough as the road cars are highly sought after by enthusiasts. I think some guys are using LHD 325i shells and building them into M3 spec cars.

E30 model

·
Formerly gee
3,066 Posts
scarce is correct, a mate has a road one for a few months until he finds the right buyer and she is worth about 7k they have the 4 cyl engine which is such a beautiful sounding engine and isn't lacking a bit of poke!

there was alos a very very rare E30 320is which was LHD and not a lot let power than the M3 but has a 2L (i think) engine due to tax laws in the country it was built for (belgium or somewhere)

oh and if you see an E30 M3 which is RHD something isn't right unless converted

[Edited on 1-3-2006 by gee]

·
Registered
68 Posts
I may be mistaken here, but what you're probably thinking of to be the exhaust, is the fuel filler, only really used in track racing where pit-stops are used... This Skyline appears to have a dummy one glued to its boot :dunno:

·
Formerly RS1800
2,979 Posts
E30 M3's have side exit exhausts i think? Fisher's & McHale's used ta have side exit exhausts i'm almost sure!

·
Registered
51 Posts
320is built for Italian market coz anything over 2litres gets crucified by tax. used to make 2.0 v8 turbo Ferrai 208, like magnums only with 2.0 litres instead of 3.0 naturally aspirated:whip::whip:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts