Rally Forums banner

!!!!!!!! billy colman final 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6K views 60 replies 29 participants last post by  Tropsrotom 
#1 ·
i have it on good knowlage that the last 3 for the billy colmen award are

1 gareth mchale

2 brian o mahoney

and finally

wait 4 it

3 ian barrett

disclammer

i am not responisble if this is not keeping the fourm real and true i have this form a source that know someone who is in that list and someone who was susposed to be on it and is'nt
and my two pennys worth no one on that list should be there but thats my feelings on it anyone who is hurt upset or feels any discomfort from reading this please fell free to complain because you know you will :mad:

See less See more
#7 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen .

Welcome again to the Motorsport Ireland Billy Coleman Award Farce.

Focusing on next year already we have decided to keep it real and true and tell you dont bother your arse applying unless you already have a silver spoon in your mouth.

Im sorry but who did Brian beat this year? He is not a bad driver but he doesnt need the award to go further?

Same for Mc Hale, exact same, good driver but he doesnt need the award he can go rallying anyway.

And who is Ian Barret?

#10 ·
There are better drivers than Barret left out of that list- Peter Wilson is the glaring obvious one, but there are others, Gordy Coleman is far better tryer than Barret.

Mc Hale and Brian O deserve recognition surely, but that aside its a farce and obviously more politically driven than we could ever imagine.

Im E Mailing motorsport Ireland to tell them polietly that this is not a real and true judgement.

Point them to the poll on this fine site- how many votes did Barret get?

anyone who feels the same (and can tell it polietly) its info@motorsportireland.com

#11 ·
Here we go.......motorsport ireland have yet again proved they know absolutely nothing about rallying,i wonder if the story about candidates having to bring a bank statement to the interview are true,actually disregard that statment,fair enough machale and brian deserve to be there but HELLO ian barrett,come on what has he done this year apart from struttin around with his "nice hair" and talking about bein quick,absolute disgrase,speed obviously doesnt come into it anymore:mad::mad:

#13 ·
IF this is true, and I really hope it isn't!!! I think rallying in Ireland is going down the pan, Bigtime!!!

I'm speechless and moritified at the same time.

Why don't we get MI's name changed to "Deaf, Dumb and Stupid" sport Ireland.

Where did they find the people who run this? The moon or a mental institution...

Motorsport Ireland my a*se!! Thats not called sport, just a competition to see who knows who!!!

No disrespect Brian - its not aimed at you.

#15 ·
after hearing talk in the pub about last years award. i know 2 of teh judges that were on it. the other 3/4 were from sports concail. the two were saying that they were asking stupid questions and dident have a clue what rallying was and what it involved...

i know that mayo motor club arent happy with it and they were planning on a few letters and get it out in the open on what a farse it really is..

#16 ·
Originally posted by bomno44
i dont know if the final three is right cause i havent got a letter from mi yet... if it is its a pity pete wilson didnt make it in... he deserves it...
i dont know who you are :dunno:
but i have this from one person on the list and another that isnt so im fairly sure
but trying to keep it as real and true as possible for all the homies out there i dont claim this list is 100%

#20 ·
i dont think the 3 know yet, if they did there would b more of a fuss been made by some camps especially peter wilson who i think will definatley b in the top 3 at least. sure did barrett ever even finish in the top 3 in n4 never mind win the class any time:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

#21 ·
Originally posted by andnor
barrett ever even finish in the top 3 in n4 never mind win the class any time:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:
I dont think so?

All this talk of letters of didcontent from former judges has been about for a while, I wonder will it ever come to anything?

#23 ·
Scandaless. Why didn't they just give it to the boys who were in the strip club the night before and came in tanked drunk. Absolutely ridiculous.

Maybe they felt sorry for Ian Barrett after his little accident towards the end of the year..........

[Edited on 3-12-2005 by dillylacey]

#24 ·
I have e mailed Eddie Hobbs and asked him to do an expose on Motorsport Ireland.

And I have sent an e mail of discontent to M.I.

Ian Barret will probably win the award, whether he deserves it or not is cursory to the whole argument, given the choices made in this award in recent years. If Ian is lucky enough to win the award good luck with it, I hope he buys a set of proflex for his car and goes to attempt the national again next year. I hope he buys lots of hair gel (bitchy comment I know!)

My only worry/concern - group N cars are getting riddiculously fast at the top end, Evos are 140mph + now.... has he got the balls for the flat stuff?

#25 ·
Kevin Kelleher, Gordy Coleman, Colin O Toole, Peter Wilson, Graham Quinn, Seamus O Grady must have had bad interviews as in my opinion they are all faster than certain top 3 people in their respective classes.

Kelleher is quicker than Curran I think! and Curran is no slouch.

Im too lazy to go look at times on that results site but wasnt their one rally this yr where Kelliher had problems and on his way back up the field he was cleaning the other Grp N boys by 8 - 10seconds a stage!

Sorry I will shut up now- whats the point:mad:

I shudder to think Im agreeing again with my favourite Jackeen, but Ruby you said it all

"As with anything in this life vested interest, nods and winks-its ireland as we know it-get over it."

#26 ·
with no disrespect ment to the 3 lads. of which 2 have proved they are winners. the way this award is done needs a revamp. would one day in a rally track not show the top drivers from the rest, have 3 different type cars and see who has the all round ability. but who ever gets best of luck and we should not critasize them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.