RallyForums.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recieved a draft/cheque yesterday in the post from a person that was interested in buying a rallycar off me via the internet, she was supposed to send a draft weeks ago but it never arrived so i sold the car to someone else but yesterday a draft arrived in the post when i opened it it looked real and there was no note in it or anything i was a bit suss so i rang the credit unoin it was from in galway and she told me it was a fraud draft and it wasnt real and true. it didnt matter to me as the car didnt leave the garage but what situation would i be in if she arrived and collected the car and left with it and payed by a credit union draft that turned out to be a fraud one just like this one here, so lads if ye are selling anything beware of fraud drafts and cheques

·
High Octane Sniffer
2,460 Posts
Yeah but when you get the check You would take to the bank and get it cleared and money in your bank before you exchange goods ?NO? This is how it works when I bought my adapter plate and any other stuff well saying that I lost a check in the post luckly it was only fer 10 quid !

·
Registered
70 Posts
The pinnt he is trying to make is that when you accept a cheque for anything, the cheque must clear before any goods change hands.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the cheque is NOT real its a spurious or replica and its worthless ross. what i am saying is if i accepted the cheque and let the car off to another country id be f u c k ed

·
Daniel Ryan
1,193 Posts
i accepted a cheque(company one) for dvd ages back from driver with a big company(no not top driver) nd it bounced twice...well he sent another cheque on told me money was in the account and it bounced again.....

got money of him in the end but ya just dont know

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
The other one is to send you a cheque for more that the value of the goods, and when you ring up they say-Ah just send me another cheque with the difference and that will be fine. The big cheque is a dud, you lose the goods and more money too.

·
Ben McCaul
124 Posts
JP, you're missing the point! You should NEVER hand over goods until you have the money in your account! And if that means holding on to the car or whatever until you have checked with your bank that the draft/cheque is good, then so be it. If the buyer is genuine then there won't be a problem.

BTW, have you reported this to the guards?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya i rang the guards but they didnt seem bothered about it really, ben i would never let a rallycar off till the cheque clears but it would make you think what some people would do

1 - 13 of 13 Posts