Rally Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Formerly J B
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone have a contact number to hire the Agahdowey Circuit for a days testing or any track in the North :dunno:

·
Formerly gee
3,066 Posts
kirkistown - 028 4277 1325

i dont know if aghadowey will rent out for private use anymoe as i heard they stopped doing it a while back due to insurance reasons? could be totoally wrong though

nutts corner is stil closed to cars sadly as it was the best but there is a stock car testing area beside the oval that the chap will hire out if your interested? i've been with a few carltons before and she was a bit rough even for them so maybe not a rally car ideal area? can prob get the number if you wish ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Originally posted by gee
kirkistown - 028 4277 1325

i dont know if aghadowey will rent out for private use anymoe as i heard they stopped doing it a while back due to insurance reasons? could be totoally wrong though

nutts corner is stil closed to cars sadly as it was the best but there is a stock car testing area beside the oval that the chap will hire out if your interested? i've been with a few carltons before and she was a bit rough even for them so maybe not a rally car ideal area? can prob get the number if you wish ?
Will Nutts corner be opening again any time soon for cars to test on???

·
Formerly gee
3,066 Posts
dont think so, the mate lives beside it and is in the residents sceme and apparently the chap that lived right beside it and done the complaining has moved out or has been offered enouigh money for the house that he moved out so maybe thats a step in the right direction. i'll find out from him and post details!

·
Registered
487 Posts
guys, i might be getting this wrong but as far as i know the main nutts corner track is closed due to noise pollution yet the banger (oval) track remains open?? What's the craic with that? I think its weird cause anyone who has ever flown a light aircraft out of aldergrove will know that we often have to orbit over nutts corner when giving priority to jet traffic! Surely a cessna buzzing overhead would give these punters more to complain about rather than some distant car noises every odd weekend. Its ridiculous really! :mad::mad:

·
Formerly gee
3,066 Posts
the banger track is about 15 mins walk as the crow flys jonny and at the bottom end of the track was a house hidden in the trees so thats who was complaining, he wouldn't be able to hear the stock cars or the likes from the house unless the wind was very strongly blowing! the track is still open to karts and they have built a HUGE mud wall across the S/F line behind the paddock and acrross the other side to stop the noise going to yer man so they can still race the karts :(

wild what they have to do for 1 resident who if i am right in thinking this is in a differen council borough? antrim own the track and his house was rumhored to be lisburn, could be rubbish but possible all the same ?

·
Registered
487 Posts
good man gee, thanks for update!

we will have to start orbiting over the trees now then!

Guess its the same with all the folk complaining about the proposed expansion of the City Airport. When you are living in an area like that you are so used to the noise that you hardly more than notice. Where we are there are military helicopters overhead all the time and you just get on with it.

Re Nutts Corner : I say bring back the rallycross to nutts corner. It was awesome stuff!

[Edited on 29-3-2006 by jonnyc]

·
Formerly neillpics
1,848 Posts
the reason for the karts (so i was told) is that the person compalinng has a relation that does the kart racing at nutts corner

and i agree to jonnyc bring back the rallycross

1 - 8 of 8 Posts