RallyForums.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Formerly PJ RS1800
Joined
·
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see on rally.ie that Aaron McHale is to use Austin's Focus in Killarney!!!
Austin is not doing the event as he will be in Argentina with Gareth.....
It will be interesting to see how Aaron adapts to the Focus...........
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,601 Posts
Hopefully better than he has adapted to the Corolla although the Mchale Corolla isn't a patch on the Donnelly Corollas in terms of suspension set-up and specification.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
he will fly :cheers:

:moo:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
Dave
Aaron on recelnty got the Reiger, and in fairness he was better in Kerry, on Brandon Creek he was only 5 seconds off Tim, although tyre choice may have helped.
He needs time to adapt to a WRC car, he is not aggressive enough with it, and although he gets competitive at the time control he thinks his rallying nowhere near as serious as Gareth or the top guys here.
If anything you could compare him to a young Eamonn Boland, can drive but not too bothered until the 5-4-3-2-1.
Good to see him getting the chance to use it all the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,843 Posts
Great to see Aaron getting the chance to frive a proper WRC car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
good chance he will have a great time on the balabemic pass . that the wrong spelling but its alway the mC Hales stage in the lakes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,601 Posts
Originally posted by jonb
Dave
Aaron on recelnty got the Reiger, and in fairness he was better in Kerry, on Brandon Creek he was only 5 seconds off Tim, although tyre choice may have helped.
He needs time to adapt to a WRC car, he is not aggressive enough with it, and although he gets competitive at the time control he thinks his rallying nowhere near as serious as Gareth or the top guys here.
If anything you could compare him to a young Eamonn Boland, can drive but not too bothered until the 5-4-3-2-1.
Good to see him getting the chance to use it all the same.
Thanks for that John, I always got the impression that Aaron could always push that bit more and I'll be interested to see how he goes in the family Focus!
 

·
formerly alwayssideways
Joined
·
717 Posts
Originally posted by PJ_RS1800
I see on rally.ie that Aaron McHale is to use Austin's Focus in Killarney!!!
Austin is not doing the event as he will be in Argentina with Gareth.....
It will be interesting to see how Aaron adapts to the Focus...........
it reminds me of the time my dad went on hols and i borrowed his car for the weekend and wrecked it......hope Aaron has more luck than i did:wacko::yes:
 

·
Martin Costello
Joined
·
6,803 Posts
HOPE HE DOESNT LOOK AT THIS FORUM OR HE WILL DRIVE OF THE TOP OF MOLLS GAP WITH ALL THIS POSITIVE THINKING AND ENCOURAGEMENT, HAVE A CUT AARON AND SILENCE THE CRITICS
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,601 Posts
Originally posted by fidgy
HOPE HE DOESNT LOOK AT THIS FORUM OR HE WILL DRIVE OF THE TOP OF MOLLS GAP WITH ALL THIS POSITIVE THINKING AND ENCOURAGEMENT, HAVE A CUT AARON AND SILENCE THE CRITICS
Fidgy,

I don't mean to be critcial of Aaron in the slightest. I hope that he does well in the car as chances are it'll be his when Austin retires as is expected at the end of the year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
he might be driving it to find out will it be his or his brothers second car pending on his resul;t in kilarney
 

·
Domhnall Lennon
Joined
·
656 Posts
:drool: he so lucky i hope that he does well in the focus because it Grath that is always in the limelight
 

·
Formerly pcmotorsport
Joined
·
905 Posts
Originally posted by fatboymotorsport
anyone know who bought the evo 8.5 off him ?

brian lawlor bought the 8.5 off him.

best of luck to him in the focus.

[Edited on 23-4-2006 by pcmotorsport]
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top