Rally Forums banner

Mexico 2019

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  mk1mexico 
#1 ·
#4 ·
quite a dismal rally really, and I hope Kris does well, but, about 24 entries for a world rally event? 16 cars left after day 1. can you imagine going to a rally here, to look at 20 cars. I know they are there for the manufacturers importance, but what a waste of time for the man on the street. when you have rallies that would be over subscribed like rally ireland etc, its a bit of a joke

#5 ·
I'm grand thanks Shane, hope all is well out there! Ha! there might be but I doubt if they are doing anything rally related!

While this exists, there aren't any plans to homologate it :(

Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel

Yeah poor turn out, I thought Barry McKenna was due to do the event..?

#7 ·
Unreal what ogier gets away with. stage red flagged after he gets a puncture, only gets docked 20 seconds. kris gets a puncture in next stage and it ended up costing him 3 minutes or so. i dont get the organisers decision, everyong else got past lappis car, should have let ogier do the same, then red flag it for wrc2. still, kris driving well, could still nick a podium the way things are going on these stages. Kris refering to citroen using dirty tactics, did they push for the red flag?

#8 ·
turned out a great rally to watch, lots of decent drama along the way. Really good effort by kris on the power stage, ogier taking it by just a tenth was tough, but again showing the speed is there, and still only the 3rd outing in the car. 3 good clean opening rounds by Kris.

#9 · (Edited)
Spectacular event, scenery wise, too watch. Not to great entry wise

Only for a puncture there was the possibility of a good battle between Meeke, Oigier & probably Tanak.

So now the whole circus moves back to Europe for one rally then back to South America for two,
I've said it before but this seems crazy to me, the costs involved must be mental and given the issues some teams had with delayed freight and the extra cost of getting emergency supplies, surely they have to look at basing themselves there for the 3 rounds??

Never mind the carbon footprint, ironically for Citroen after their announcement during the week

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.