Sweden '19
RallyForums.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Sweden '19

Thanks

Default Sweden '19

Now that the Monte is over next stop Sweden.
    Was over last year and was disappointed with a couple of locations i got to so more research required.
    I hear they are the same stages as last year, anybody found any good locations they want to share?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RallyForums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Shakedown dusted.

SS1 tonight, the Karlstad super special at 7.08 our time.

Thanks

Default Re: Sweden '19

been a great rally so far, lot of close battles. pity about the poor conditions though. saturdays final super special showed just how bad they are. Kris seems on a real downer this afternoon. blaming the road position but yet others only one car after him setting very fast times. You get the impression he is frustrated to maybe hold himself back a bit to finish, and score good points, not just for himself, but the team after latvala's troubles. but i think he should be happy to come away with another clean round, with points in the bag, in a car he's only competing in for the 2nd time. getting points for 6th is a hell of a lot better than no points sitting watching it at home on the tv with no drive. its a long season

5. Thanks from:

the bull99 (17-02-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    RallyForums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Was disappointed with Meeke, can see he wants finishes etc. but an event he can do well in a proven car so thought he would be top 3 at least. Neuville had to be most impressive to watch absolutely on it anywhere we were.
    Massive difference in conditions towards last year but some great battles down through the field also.
    A great rally to go to.

Thanks

I'm split, while I did expect more from him it is only his 2nd rally with the Yaris not his 2nd year. Going by videos from his Sweden testing, conditions were a lot different from what he might have been hoping for? Still he got around cleanly didn't get sucked into any snowbanks, can reset now and concentrate on Mexico. Just hope he stays away from the car parks his year!

Was surprised a bit by Lappi, Mikklesen fell away & as for Seb 2.0, his calculation was no more to do with helping Lappi, tried to got a better road position for himself for the power stage and also now has a better position for Mexico...

9. Thanks from:

jake (18-02-2019)

Thanks

Yeh, Kris is in a no win position. People will slate him for not doing better in a winning car, but if he had of overstepped the mark trying to go faster, in conditions he had no confidence in, and binned it, then the sharpened knives would have been out again. In the end he did the right thing I think, kept loeb at bay, had another very safe and clean rally, brought home points for the team to help them lead the championship. Previous years, i think he would almost certainly be putting the car on the trailer after trying too hard to get to the sharp end of the rally. Mexico should be a good watch, and hopefully he can climb onto one of the steps at the end.

Thanks

Kris says he has his own target for three clean runs in the first three events. Sweden has never been a great event for him so I think he did the sensible thing. Straight down the middle solid points finish for himself and the team. Also leaves him with a decent road position in Mexico. An event where he can win.