Monte '19 - Page 2
RallyForums.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monte '19

Thanks

Check out @ChristianWRC1’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/ChristianWRC1/st...711943168?s=09
    This is the kind of stuff that only Seb 2.0 gets away with. Anyone else is Rally 2. Fair play. He knows where he can go 110%

2. Remove Advertisements
    RallyForums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,177 Posts

Default Re: Monte '19

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Denny View Post
    a lot of complaining online about issues this weekend with wrc+ , but while watching both stages this morning I was thinking that we should all (rally fans) be supporting this service for it to be viable to invest in and improve,
    its not so long ago we only had rally radio and split times
    To be truthful I had a link for Trevor but then couldn't find it. Up until last season I just watched BT Sport streamed stages wherever I could find them. Last year it was WRC + which one of the kids got. This year I'm fully signed up and it's worth it, for the live coverage, for the onboards and for the catch-ups.
    Certainly, as said, it wasn't worth a cent SS2 Thursday night and Friday morning but it was still worth it for the rest and as Bam Bam mentioned, the PS this morning was an exciting climax.

As for Meeke, I'd say that was his best event in a long time, new car and new team. Watching and following was a lot less hard work than past seasons, although looking up the stage results after the cracked rims/punctures scrolling down the times... and down... was a sweary moment. A lot smoother, no need to overdrive the car and a happy bunny at stage end, smiling for most of the time. His stage times were good, very good. Ok, MC isn't the best gauge of car and driver, we'll wait until Corsica (Mexico and the thin air does not suit all cars) for that but it bodes well for the season.
    Somewhat sad not to hear Nagle's voice in the car but Meeke seems to be working well with Seb Marshall
    Virgil said- "ok BRAINS - what part of my post do u not understand?"

4. Thanks from:

Cess (28-01-2019),jake (29-01-2019),start (01-02-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,051 Times in 753 Posts

Great season opener, and a very economical WRC round to go and spectate at too, lots of Irish over spectating this year. Couldn't get over the spectator numbers in places although there seemed to be less people on Sunday's stages than previous years. Pretty much the worst possible start for M-Sport.
    "All the world's a stage..."

6. Remove Advertisements
    RallyForums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

It's on the bucket list. Always thought it would be a mega pricey event to attend for some reason.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,051 Times in 753 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cess View Post
    It's on the bucket list. Always thought it would be a mega pricey event to attend for some reason.
    With a group of people travelling together and by staying in an Airbnb you can do it very economically. Bit of a pain to get around but a bucket list event surely, especially with the current gen cars. In fact I would say get to as many WRC events as you can in the next year or so, these cars can't go on forever
    "All the world's a stage..."

Formerly andylimerick Andrew Grimes's Avatar
    Thanks

Did monte this year for the 3rd year in a row. Was grest to see a few irish flags around the place. It is very economical to get to. Airports are a long drive away all right but air bnb for accommodation works well. 2nd year staying with a French family only 4 minute walk to service park. 4 of us had an entire upstairs of their house to ourselves. For us it worked out about 300 per head for flights, 3 nights accom, car hire, diesel and tolls. Cant say that for donegal in June. Next stop for me is Corsica at end of March. A pain to get to travel wise but another 1 I always wanted to see.

10. Thanks from:

cole2 (06-02-2019)