Rally Forums banner

Targa 2018

961 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  shane reynolds 
#1 ·
Well boys what’s the craic?

Just dropping a short line on our start to Targa NZ18. For those of you that don’t know it’s a blind rally covering 650km of specials and 1100km of Liaision. I’m navigating in a WRX Impreza.
This year the event is based in the south of the South Island and it’s fast I mean super fast. The roads are nothing like Ireland - they complain of bumps and narrow bits - all I can say is take it’s flat up to the square.

Were third overall after day 1

Tomorrow we do 6 stages to Dunedin

Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Sky

Ill write more tomorrow night as we go

See less See more
#2 ·
Unfortunately our Targa is over for this year. We went into the first stage of Day 2 in 3rd overall. The stage started very well for us and by the first split we had taken 10 seconds out of first places lead. Our efforts were further bolstered by our 2nd placed team mates parked at the 25km mark with the bonnet up.
The third split had us up by 4 and into first when at the 40km mark the boxer decided enough was enough. We coasted through the flying finish with 2nd fastest time for the stage.

Back to basics now, car heading back to Auckland for a new engine. I’ll be helping with the Evo’s change over to E85 and prepping for Otago. 6 months and counting

Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

Vehicle Car Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.