Meeke & nagle dropped - Page 3
RallyForums.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

I'm sure since the first stage on the Monte of the new era WRC cars Kris is kicking himself over that choice, loyalty has no place in modern Motorsport Citroen have just proved that again,

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O Driscoll View Post
    I was kinda hoping back in the day he'd sign for Toyota rather than renew with Citroen....a new team would do him a world of good possibly without the pressure he was under at Citroen

2. Remove Advertisements
    RallyForums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

See there is an updated story on Autosport, Citroen are trying to blame Meeke labeling him out of control surely it's the managements job to control him, doesn't sound like he even got a warning just straight sacking,

Thanks

Default Re: Meeke & nagle dropped

In other words, drive round like Ostberg, bring the car home in 7th, 8th, 9th. Get a pat on the back. Utter tosh from citroen, i would say i expect better from them, but really, the last few years I dont.

5. Thanks from:

Andy Little (25-05-2018)

6. Remove Advertisements
    RallyForums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Seen something on twitter about Paddon to Citroen but he crashes more than Meeke and in a better car, he isn't a top driver yet anyway,

8. Thanks from:

jake (25-05-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    In other words, drive round like Ostberg, bring the car home in 7th, 8th, 9th. Get a pat on the back. Utter tosh from citroen, i would say i expect better from them, but really, the last few years I dont.
    What does that do though? A safe non podium finish? Citroen really have lost the plot.....It would almost be better if they pulled the plug.

At the moment, I can't see Citroen winning an event on pure pace; the car is still not good enough and their drivers are a combination of still learning (Breen) , too slow (Lefebvre) & a Norwegian pay driver.....

10. Thanks from:

jake (25-05-2018),mk1mexico (25-05-2018)

Thanks

Theres not too many about to put into that seat that will have Meeke's raw pace, all the big guns are in decent cars, and with their policy now clearly a take no risk one, whats the point? who would want that seat?, well..........maybe ostberg !!! mikkelsen "used" citroen for a couple of outings, but one wiff of Hyundai calling and he was off in a flash. If I was Craig, I would be trying to plot a move at some point. The way citroen are operating, will he be able to fulfill his full potential in a team were you have to be safe?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,177 Posts

For all Meeke's faults, and he has a few, I'd want him to drive no differently than he has done all his career. I've cursed him and applauded him, I've been nervous and apprehensive opening eWRC to see if he's still in a rally. He makes silly mistakes but jezus, he's one exciting driver. Our sport will be poorer without him and Paul. May their absence be no more than temporary.

From Forum-Rallye
    Virgil said- "ok BRAINS - what part of my post do u not understand?"

13. Thanks from:

Andy Little (25-05-2018),jake (25-05-2018),mk1mexico (26-05-2018)

Thanks

Well said Noel I'm his biggest critic here but still gutted over this, as he has the potential to do so well there is just always something not just clicking into place for him, we all know he deserves another shot but at 39 with no money/backing and his legacy he is not likely to get one unless a new manufacture arrives in the next few months and that's very unlikely,

Thanks

his future could depend on citroen shaking up the driver market , and driver form for rest of the year also , a couple of punctres in portugal have cost kris his seat, a podium last weeknd and how different would things be now? has any manufacturer shown any interest in the wrc since toyota? how long until citroen hyundai even toyota decide to stop? there could be lean years coming down the line again for the wrc
    Last edited by Ben Denny; 26-05-2018 at 00:15.

Thanks

I think the relationship between Kris and citroen was going to come to a head at some stage. It hasnt been good since they built the C3, and squabbled around getting other outside drivers opinions on it, happily letting Kris take the flak for poor devolpment seeing he did the lions share of the development driving. Not taking his advice onboard when he was right. Kris flung a fair few comments their way, especially aimed at higher up the citroen chain. maybe they have been painting over the cracks for a while. citroen talk of the safety of their crews are top priority yet they let their drivers use an ill handling, dangerous car for a full season