Easter Stages?
RallyForums.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Easter Stages?

Thanks

Default Easter Stages?

No Pattersons Rallynews, no Shannonsport stage times. I looked up Rally.ie and at the time it had a link to the top 7 after stage 5? Has anyone any news from the event?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RallyForums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Default Re: Easter Stages?

Mcgarrity leading overnight by a few seconds. If your on facebook you will see bits and pieces of whats going on during the rally. ITRC really needs to work on its media side of things to keep people in the loop who wants to follow results etc. shouldnt be this poor in this day and age, especially for its "premiere" rally championship. then theres people who make individual websites for certain rallies, but never update them with results etc. dismal.
    you can follow live results here.
    http://www.rallyscore.net/483/Easter-Stages-2018

4. Thanks from:

Alan Browne (07-04-2018)

Thanks

with only 4.6 between the moffet brothers going into the last stage, what a balls that they both beat the bogie time. good 1-2 for them though. Donnellys pace on day one was shocking, miles off the pace. day 2 was a massive improvement. i wouldnt say hes lost that pace as a driver and its a good car, so are these indian tyres going to hold the team back? going by how far they were off the pace yesterday, id say the tyres arent much cop in the wet ! looked a good event and good stages, pity there was so little media coverage !!!

6. Remove Advertisements
    RallyForums.com
    Advertisements

Formerly anihel
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Mcgarrity leading overnight by a few seconds. If your on facebook you will see bits and pieces of whats going on during the rally. ITRC really needs to work on its media side of things to keep people in the loop who wants to follow results etc. shouldnt be this poor in this day and age, especially for its "premiere" rally championship. then theres people who make individual websites for certain rallies, but never update them with results etc. dismal.
    you can follow live results here.
    http://www.rallyscore.net/483/Easter-Stages-2018

And what do you propose we do Jake seeing as we are all volunteers, some of us cannot make a certain event or even be available to update? Secondly the results are nothing to do with the TROA, its the service provided by the club in question and we can only go on the information given out (and this goes for all events), notwithstanding the fact that the chances of being in a poor area for reception is high. Also most traffic goes through social media these days and the Twitter account was giving updates over the weekend while the Facebook page had action at the end of each day. Rally.ie always provides a link to follow results prior to an event, so short of hand delivering individual results to people what do you suggest be done?

8. Thanks from:

kgrally (08-04-2018)

Thanks

Kevin, for the premiere motorsport championship of this country I just feel its not well enough exposed anymore. I know plwnty of people who, while not all rally fans, didnt even know the easter stages was happening, even though it was on their doorstep ! Tv coverage isnt what it used to be, old days you knew the thursday after the rally it was on UTV, nowadays, you have to go find it and its easily missed. Granted, its volunteers, i get that, but dont build websites that arent going to be updated. I run a few websites for business's, so know how quickly it can be updated. i dont mean someone has to try and report from a field somewhere, during an event, but as simple as a snippet of an update at the end of the day etc. On a whole, I dont think ITRC is exposed and advertised as much as it should be. There are as well, shocking i know, but there are still some people who dont do facebook or twitter ! I dont have all the answers, i just feel that the itrc dont seem to self promote as much as they should. in comparison, the triton showers national championship info seems to be everywhere.

Thanks

Its great to see rallying still has a pulse! if it didn't there would be no argument or debate. Back in the glory days of the Circuit of Ireland it was the first exposure a lot of lads had to rallying.
    The exposure the event enjoyed was down to sponsorship money - a lot of it. Bank of Ireland Finance spent £2 on media for every £1 given to the running of the event. So Jake I fully agree with your comments on the exposure and Kevin - it shouldn't necessarily be volunteers that have to do all of this work?
    What are the possibilities of getting the RPM slot on a Thursday night back? We have two drivers in the WRC, Callum Devine plugging away and gaining experience, R5's popping up everywhere, Jonny Treanor and Jason Black driving the absolute door handles off their yokes, a forestry championship which is gaining in entries....and that's just rallying.

Motorsport Ireland owns a piece of property in Dawson St which would fetch a considerable rent. Look at the option to move out to Abbottstown where all the other sports are and use the cash to get things going again.

Formerly PJ RS1800 Pierce Doheny Jnr.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Browne View Post

Motorsport Ireland owns a piece of property in Dawson St which would fetch a considerable rent. Look at the option to move out to Abbottstown where all the other sports are and use the cash to get things going again.
    The RIAC own that property on Dawson Street.
    Motorsport Ireland rent the offices from RIAC.
    Pierce Doheny Jnr.

12. Thanks from:

Art McCarrick (10-04-2018)

Thanks

Time to start a new post - Has anyone the history on RIAC / Motorsport Ireland relationship? Why base MI in one of the most inaccessible parts of the country?