Lurgan Park Rally 2017 NOW CANCELLED See thread
RallyForums.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
    Thanks

Default Lurgan Park Rally 2017 NOW CANCELLED See thread

The 2017 Lurgan Park Rally will take place on Saturday 20th May 2017 rather than its usual July slot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RallyForums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Default Re: Lurgan Park Rally 2017 - Earlier Event Date

Quote Originally Posted by dave bingham View Post
    The 2017 Lurgan Park Rally will take place on Saturday 20th May 2017 rather than its usual July slot.
    The event is listed as July on
    http://www.anicc.org.uk/Calendar.aspx

Thanks

It is listed wrong on the anicc calendar. It has been confirmed as 20th May 2017

5. Thanks from:

rally.ie (10-01-2017)

6. Remove Advertisements
    RallyForums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,176 Posts

Event is now cancelled:

LURGAN PARK RALLY CANCELLED

It is with regret that the Organisers of the Lurgan Park Rally have decided not to run the rally in 2017. The Directors of the North Armagh Motor Club have made this decision because of a number of obstacles which have proved too difficult to overcome.

The very first Lurgan Park Rally in 1980 was won by the late Bertie Fisher and the event, which has hosted such top International drivers as Ari Vatanen, Pentti Airikkala, Tony Pond and Mikael Sundstrom, has become a rallying byword for excellence over the intervening years. In addition, the event was one of motorsports social highlights of the season.

North Armagh Motor Club Director William Fullerton commented. ‘Lurgan Park is not available to us this year on our planned date so we had to opt for the 20th May. We face an ever increasing cost of meeting Health and Safety standards. This, combined with the potential bill for repairing the grounds of this lovely park should it happen to be a wet event, we feel is too big a risk for the Club.’

The earlier planned date also has a number of event clashes as a result of which we have been unable to attract a suitable sponsor. The Motor club will attempt to run an alternative ‘Clubman event’ at a different venue on the 20th May and will re-double their efforts to bring back the popular Lurgan Park Rally in 2018.

Issued by Brian & Liz Patterson on behalf of the North Armagh Motor Club

http://www.rallynews.net/pattersonpa...dpress/?p=3285

Virgil said- "ok BRAINS - what part of my post do u not understand?"

Thanks

Default Re: Lurgan Park Rally 2017 NOW CANCELLED See thread

So is its fair to assume theres no Lurgan park rally in 2018 either then? .......would suggest we'll probably never see the event back if its falls off the calendar 2 years running - out of sight out of mind etc

Real shame as it was one of my favorites over the years which I never missed....even if the ill advised hike in admission charge and over zealous approach to safety barriers did didnt help attract the crowds in latter years

- been some great battles there over the years - am I right in thinking it was Meekes last event here?

Thanks

Default Re: Lurgan Park Rally 2017 NOW CANCELLED See thread

Be such a shame to lose such a fantastic event. I wasnt a fan of the price hike, more so because of the amount of people that turn up at the gates to be " ushered in " free of charge by people in the know. i have no probs paying the extra if it helps keeps the event, but i refuse to pay for the freeloaders, especially when they can afford it more than a lot of people paying their families in, queing at the gates !

10. Thanks from:

kgrally (05-07-2018)