Rally Forums banner

new marshals club

8K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Jonathan MacDonald 
#1 ·
I have heard about a new group of marshals in the Cork area recently known as CMC marshals and i would love to get in touch with them about up coming events.Does anyone have a contact name and number for the organiser please?

#4 ·
Is it true that there is a joining fee of €25 and everything else is the same as being a member of your own local club with the organising committee of any rally providing accomodation and insurance as normal.
Whats the joining fee for ??
And is this club affiliated to motor sport Ireland. ??
Is it cork Motor Club (CMC) thats behind this move???

#7 ·
Some of you seem to be giving this man a woeful hard time. Fair dues to him for taking a bit of inititive and trying to get a marshals club up and running. He's taken on a whole load of work for little or no thanks. Weither he is affilated to a MC or not or weither he is registered with MI or not has no bearing on what he is hoping to achieve.
Maximum Attack Marshals Club will be supporting him and we hope to be able to attend his home event under his banner.

#9 ·
FIRE MARSHAL TRAININGFire Marshal Training focuses on the correct use of the fire extinguishers provided on the stages. It covers dealing with a fire in the engine compartment and a fire in the boot or fuel tank area of a rally car. The training also includes dealing with a running fuel fire and fuel spills. This training is designed specifically for motorsport.

Motorsport Ireland Fire Marshal Training is organised by Fire Training Services and courses are run for MI organising clubs on request.

If your club wishes to hold a Fire Marshal Training course, please contact John Elliott from Fire Training Services ( firetrainingsrevices@eircom.net ) to organise the date and location. Clubs must be able to guarantee a minimum attendance of 8 at each course, with a maximum of 20. The cost of these courses is funded by Motorsport Ireland.

Individuals who wish to attend training should contact their local MI affiliated organising club.

Fire Marshals will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance on the day of training and can apply for a Fire Marshals' Licence and high visibility vest from Motorsport Ireland.

This is a very useful and worthwhile course and we would encourage all Officials, Marshals and competitors to attend.

#10 ·
SECTOR MARSHAL TRAININGThe training is provided for experienced marshals who wish to officiate as Sector Marshals.
The course covers topics such as:

• The Role of the Sector Marshal.
  • Set up and management of a Location.
  • Emergency Procedures.
  • Working with media personnel.
If you wish to attend this training you must be nominated by your Club and have completed the Standard Marshals Training or hold a current Stage Commanders licence or higher Senior Officials licence.
Clubs are requested to nominate marshals to attend this training. If you wish to attend you should contact your Club Secretary.
Upon successful completion of the Sector Marshal Training and submission of an application form a Sector Marshals licence will be issued.
The course is approximately 4 hours long (including a 30 minute break for lunch).

#11 ·
Motorsport Ireland provides three levels of Marshal Training:
Standard Marshal Training, Sector Marshal Training (for experienced marshals) and Fire Marshal Training.
MARSHAL TRAININGThis training provides those interested in becoming a marshal with the information they require to get started.
The course covers topics such as:

• Preparation for an event.
  • Stage and Location set up.
  • Specific details relating to Stage Entry and Exit Locations.
  • Details on the format for the running of a Stage Rally.
  • Managing a location.
  • Dealing with media personnel.
  • Flagging procedures.
  • Emergency procedures.
The course is approximately 2.5 hours long.

#12 ·
i have been contacted by a lad claiming to be cork marshalling club in relation to marshalling in up comeing events. does anyone know if this club is genuine because i was askd to send 25 euro and id photos to a place in cobh called sirius wharf can anyone give me information on this please id appreciate it thanks

#13 ·
Jason ,I would not send money to any un-named person no matter who they claim to represent.i have no doubt that there has been a club "formed" by this name but it has NOTHING to do with cork Motor Club.It is not a registered club or an approved club or a recognised club up to and including 2012 but ,and I stress, but ,it may have applied to do so in 2013. Marshal training is free and is supplied by motorsport Ireland through any of the registered clubs.I can only speak for one club and that is Skibbereen and you would be most welcome to join FREE OF CHARGE and you would be trained and taken out to events regularly.If the club is away at an event you would be fed and given a bed but the whole exercise is voluntary .It can be demanding ,hard work in all conditions but is always interesting ,enjoyable and a great way to make new friends.It can lead to moving on to taking part yourself as a competitor or an organiser and you would get to see parts of Ireland you would have no reason to visit otherwise.Our next event is in Limerick forestry rally in 2 weeks time and you would be welcome to come and work with us on the day.0870560316 or 086-8696422.

#20 ·
well Jason Mullally, why dont you tell the thruth it was you Jason that contacted me first wanting 2 joine Cork Marshalling Club plus you allso sed that it was Sean Hayde from cork sed to you to check out Cork Marshalling Club. you pestured me day an night about joining my club an about going marshalling in galway you got on 2 me a fue time about sendain the membership forms an when i did send them you started a load of **** about me an my club so come on Jason Mullally fare play in any sport,plus i can never under stand why you ever wanted to joine a cork Marshalling Club

#22 ·
Well MR CORK MARSHALLING CLUB, I see that you have now mentioned me in your pitiful attack back on someone that I DID suggest contact you through your facebook page. I am thoroughly disgusted at the manner in which you are starting off this club and being unable to come forward and state who you are Mr CURRY. What are you afraid OF?? If you wanted the support of all clubs, marshalls and competitors then I'm afraid you have gone about it the wrong way completely. I see you havent even given a COC of a rally details as requested but instead suggested that he contacts you. If you want the support of all of us, then I think you need to change the attitute and be a little more forthcoming as i cant understand why the erratic behaviour of someone who is supposed to be starting a 'legit' marshalling club?? On a point can you please state on here what the €25 membership is for??? Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.