08.-10. May Corsica Rally

23.-25. May Croatia Rally

20.-22. June Ypres Rally

04.-06. July Rally San Marino

18.-20. July Sibiu Rally

30.-31. August Barum Rally Zlin

27.-28. October Rally Poland

31.-02. November Cyprus Rally

Contracts have yet to be signed for most rallys.......

#5 · (Edited)
Re: 2013 European Rally Championship

It's only a very provisional calendar (Janner in Austria is the only one confirmed so far) and as Anto says, wait until the ink is dry but looks good. (Dates may well change for COI/Azores):

04.-05. Jan - Janner Rally (confirmed) - Winter/Asphalt

26.-27. Feb Latvian Winter Rally - Winter

21.-23. March Azores Rally- Gravel

05.-06. April Circuit of Ireland Asphalt

08.-10. May Corsica - Asphalt

23.-25. May Croatia - Asphalt

20.-22. June Ypres Rally - Asphalt

04.-06. July Rally San Marino - Gravel

18.-20. July Sibiu Rally (Romania) - Gravel

30.-31. August Barum Rally Zlin - Asphalt

27.-28. October Rally Poland - Gravel

31.-02. November Cyprus Rally - Gravel

#7 ·

Has the makings of a very good championship I think.

I think alot depends on the number of rounds that a competitor needs to compete in to be eligible for the championship. ie: best 10 out of 12 rounds etc

Think a problem with the IRC was that there was no consistancy to which drivers showed up for each event.

#11 ·

Offer of ERC 2013 championship by Eurosport Events Ltd.:

1. 03-05.01 Internationale Jännerrallye (A) Snow
2. 01-03.02 Rally Liepāja-Ventspils (LV) Snow
3. 28-30.03 Circuit of Ireland Rally (GB) Tarmac
4. 25-27.04 SATA Rallye Açores (P) Gravel
5. 16-18.05 Giru di Corsica-Tour de Corse (F) Tarmac
6. 06-08.06 Croatia Rally (HR) Tarmac
7. 27-29.06 GEKO Ypres Rally (B) Tarmac
8. 11-13.07 Candidats: Turkey, Bulgarija, Romania, San Marino Gravel
9. 25-27.07 Candidats: Turkija, Bulgarija, Rumunija, San Marino Gravel
10. 30.8-01.09 Barum Czech Rally Zlín (CZ) Tarmac
11. 27-29.09 Rajd Polski (PL) Gravel
12. 10-12.10 Rallye Sanremo (I) Tarmac
13. 07-09.11 Rallye International du Valais (CH) Tarmac

#16 ·
Extract from World Motor Sports Council Press Release

RALLYING

In order to improve the promotion and media coverage of the FIA European Rally Championship, two new titles have been created for two-wheel drive cars (drivers and teams) and a qualifying stage will be introduced for events run on gravel.

To allow organisers to benefit from more foreign competitors and to give greater value, the events of the European Cups of the East, Central and South-West regions have been combined into a single European Cup.

The FIA has issued a call for Expressions of Interest for the promotion of the 2014 Regional Rally Championships.

The Regional Rally Championship calendars for 2013 were also approved.

#18 ·

Think Mikkelsen has a contract with VW for some events in a Polo but have no idea if he'll be doing any ERC events.. More info possibly on Saturday :)
I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. Sardinia in the WRC overlaps with Ypes in the ERC and Australia in the WRC starts and ends on the same dates as the Rally Principe de Asturias (13-15 Sept). As does Spain in the WRC with the Rallye International du Valaisevent in the ERC which is the season finale (25-17 Oct). The other dates do not clash but it will for me only allow him just a few short days to relax and recharge before he links up with either the ERC or WRC. Theirs only about 5 days between Portugal in the WRC ending and Rally 1000 Miglia in the ERC starting. Is it worth it?

#24 ·

From Bobby Willis:

""This is an extremely painful judgment for me to make and one that I do not enter into lightly," he said.

He publicly expressed concern in October over funding for the 2013 Rally.

"We have received significant backing from Government, but we were falling short of our full funding requirements and given the delay this has imposed it is now impossible to organise an international sporting event in less than three months," he said.

It follows the "incredible success" of last year's Easter weekend event and its inclusion in the International Rally Challenge (IRC) series, which delivered a global audience of nearly nine million via Eurosport.

The event had also been provisionally named in the 2013 FIA European Rally Championship calendar.

Mr Willis added: "Over the last three years I have invested my own money and resources into getting the rally up and running in the hope that funding would materialise before the event.

"I am no longer willing to play Russian roulette with my own finances in order to safeguard a rally that has worldwide appeal, even though it is so close to my heart."

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...o-lack-of-funding-16250550.html#ixzz2F1EoVyUN

#25 ·

ANNOUNCEMENT: DUE TO FUNDING UNCERTAINTY THE CIRCUIT OF IRELAND INTERNATIONAL RALLY WILL NOT RUN IN 2013

The world renowned Circuit of Ireland International Rally, run annually over the Easter weekend, will not take place in 2013.

The news follows the incredible success of last year’s event and its inclusion in the International Rally Challenge (IRC) series which delivered a global audience of nearly 9 million via Eurosport.

The event had also been provisionally named in 2013 FIA European Rally Championship calendar.

Rally Director, Bobby Willis who had made significant headway in rejuvenating the Irish sporting institution since taking the reins three years ago, took the difficult decision.

He said:

“This is an extremely painful judgement for me to make and one that I do not enter into lightly.

“I had publicly expressed concern in October over funding for the 2013 Rally.

“We have received significant backing from Government but we were falling short of our full funding requirements and given the delay this has imposed it is now impossible to organise an international sporting event in less than 3 months.

In a decision sure to disappoint thousands of rally fans, Willis said:

“Over the last three years I have invested my own money and resources into getting the rally up and running in the hope that funding would materialise before the event.

“I am no longer willing to play Russian roulette with my own finances in order to safeguard a rally that has worldwide appeal, even though it is so close to my heart.”

“This is not the end for the Circuit of Ireland Rally and I, along with 700 volunteers which it takes to run the rally, will regroup and begin planning now for 2014.”

Willis had masterminded the re-birth of the Easter run Circuit of Ireland over recent years and was credited with reawakening the sleeping sporting giant by realising his vision of “bringing rallying to the people” through popular city centre stages in Lisburn and Titanic Quarter.

Willis continued:

“I’d like to thank our principal sponsor the Donnelly Motor Group and public sector bodies such NITB and some of our local councils who bought into my vision for the Rally with their support. Most of all I’d like to thank the volunteers and spectators who made the Rally so special in recent years.

“Given the geographical spread of the Rally and the many stakeholders it interfaces with, it is a huge logistical challenge but one with incredible tourism potential and rewards, as last year proved with picture perfect postcard images of Northern Ireland broadcast around the globe.

“While the team is hugely disappointed I can assure fans that we will re-group and make every effort to come back stronger in 2014.”

#27 ·

Both Rally Scotland and Circuit of Ireland have been dropped due to lack of financial backing . That is surely down to the sport, and it’s ‘unattractiveness’. Whereas, Welcome to Yorkshire have thought it good value to pay for the Grand Depart – as the Tour de France dwarfs anything in Rallying. As a fan of both sports it does make sense.

#28 ·

The G8 will use all government money. Fermanagh going to receive a revamp in the next 6 mths before all the brains of the world desends on it in June . Enniskillen will be in good shape for the Ulster. But have to say I rather watch them IRC boys full of the pipe..

#29 ·

I’m not keen on sporting events geting hand outs from governments/regional/tourist boards, as they can quickly drop them without warning. Why can’t the sport attract big money sponsors to back events? That is the question we should be asking. And we all know the answer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.